256 colour bitmap to form canvas

Post by Hary » Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
Please help me solve problem with showing 256colour bitmap on a form canvas.
I get a little bit * colours compare to these on the Image component.
Why? Please help.

procedure Threadform.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
 bmp1 : TBitMap;
begin
  try
    bmp1 := TBitMap.Create;
    bmp1.LoadFromResourceName(HInstance,'BITMAP2');
    Canvas.Draw(0,0,bmp1);
  finally
    bmp1.Free;
  end;
end;

1. Drawing 256 colour bmps on canvas

I have  256 colour bmps which I draw on a canvas (of a drawgrid). This
works OK except when the computer is set to use 256 colours. Even though
this is the same number of colours as the bmps they look rubbish (as
though there is only 16 colours) once drawn. Does anybody know how I can
fix this?
--

2. Text wrap around sphere?

3. How to draw 256 Colors on a Forms canvas

4. colorspace-faq -- FAQ about Color and Gamma

5. Need a 256 colour bitmap of the world

6. Maya and playblasting lipsynch

7. Setting palette of a 256 colour bitmap.

8. Wrapping a polygon in modeler.

9. Changing from High/True Colour to 256 colour

10. Saving Form Canvas Bitmap to a file

11. 24bit Colour vs. 256 Colours

12. poor quality gif/jpeg display using 256 colour display

13. 256 colour WIN3 icons - how to create???