openGL-text appears after 2nd run

Post by Leo Bauman » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 10:33:22

Hello friends,

I'm testing openGL in Delphi 4.
The prog. draws and paints like a world-champion.
Now i try to write a text into the drawings for testing.

glColorub(...;
wglUseFontBitmaps(...;
glRasterPos2i(x,y);
glListBase(...;
glCallLists(Length(text),GL_UNSIGNED,text);
glFlush;
glDeleteLists(...;

at last, *SwapBuffers(dc);* to copy drawings i made before and text from
background-buffer onto TPanel.

The problem is, the drawings will be done into the background-buffer the
first prog.-run. The text (in the same pogramm) appears only after the 2nd
programm-run, but then without errors on screen ???

Did s.o. have had that problem ?

Greeting Leo

openGL-text appears after 2nd run

Post by Raúl André » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 04:29:20

I've had a similar problem, in wich colors, appears only in the 2nd run. The
first one, is like all in "white"...

Quote:> Hello friends,

> I'm testing openGL in Delphi 4.
> The prog. draws and paints like a world-champion.
> Now i try to write a text into the drawings for testing.

> glColorub(...;
> wglUseFontBitmaps(...;
> glRasterPos2i(x,y);
> glListBase(...;
> glCallLists(Length(text),GL_UNSIGNED,text);
> glFlush;
> glDeleteLists(...;

> at last, *SwapBuffers(dc);* to copy drawings i made before and text from
> background-buffer onto TPanel.

> The problem is, the drawings will be done into the background-buffer the
> first prog.-run. The text (in the same pogramm) appears only after the 2nd
> programm-run, but then without errors on screen ???

> Did s.o. have had that problem ?

> Greeting Leo

1. Running Pressview w/2nd monitor question

I've just upgraded to a Pressview 17sr (Mac system), which runs at
1600x1200 resolution, which is GREAT for photos, but makes reading print
impossible. So I added a second 15" monitor at normal resolution for
palettes, and this works great. My problem/question has to do with the Mac
menu bar (at the top of the screen). The pull down menus are equally
impossible to read on the ultra high resolution setting on the Pressview.
I can move the menu bar to the second monitor, where I can read the menus
easily, but I'm not clear on whether that will affect the Pressview's
software (eg. whether my Pressview ColorSync2 settings will still be read
by my printer), and whether my Radius acceleration card will still be
running on the Pressview (or will it be fooled somehow). In other words,
what's the effect of moving the menu bar? Anyone tried this? Any input
most appreciated.

2. Is there OpenGL port for DOS

3. INDD Text and Objects Won't Appear Black

4. NEED ADVICE: 3D Graphics Program

5. PM 6.0 text in master won't appear in TOC

6. please, please, 360 radii

7. text which appears and disappears (magic!)

8. Digital Slide Show ?

9. Printing - text appears as WingDings

10. PLEASE HELP: Text not appearing in Windows 95

11. Diacritical marks in text; 2nd Post

12. OpenGL Texture appearing backwards

13. Questions: When did the first version of OpenGL appear