Simple question about BitBlt

Post by Pit » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:16:19

One of the parameters in the BitBlt function determines how
the 2 images will be combine togather, one of the options is
doing and 'AND' between the source and the destination Bitmaps,
what does it mean exactly? i mean, i know how to do AND between
only 2 values 0, 1, but i don't understand what it's mean to do
'AND' between clBlue and clGreen for example. does it mean that
it's doing 'AND' between the Binary values of each pixel color?

Thanks.
Pit

Simple question about BitBlt

Post by Ananth B » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:08:06

Hi Pit,
  Yes. The logical operation is performed with each pixel in source and
destination.

Regards,
Ananth B.

Quote:

> One of the parameters in the BitBlt function determines [snip]

Simple question about BitBlt

Post by Pit » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:37:57

Thanks Anath! :-)

>Hi Pit,
>  Yes. The logical operation is performed with each pixel in source and
>destination.

>Regards,
>Ananth B.

>> One of the parameters in the BitBlt function determines [snip]

Simple question about BitBlt

Post by Pit » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:38:39

Sorry... Ananth! :-)

>Hi Pit,
>  Yes. The logical operation is performed with each pixel in source and
>destination.

>Regards,
>Ananth B.

>> One of the parameters in the BitBlt function determines [snip]

1. Needed: Simple discripton of BitBlt and its releated calls

I'm looking for a nice, simple, description of the BitBlt function. I have a
book called "Visual Basic Network Gaming Adventure Set" and they do a
touch-and-go on it, without any good descriptions. I also looked at the
message "Re:Bitblt'ing my way to success" posted to this newsgroup on
12/16/97, but that dosent help much. If you know a site that has some info
about this call, please relpy.

2. How to get blending + lighting to work?

3. A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

4. Need help with pattern development

5. Simple Task, Simple Question

6. simple question for a simple mind (mine!)

7. Simple Guy, Simple Question: spine interpolation?

8. Simple question from a simple minded guy

9. Help: Question Regarding BitBlt

10. BitBlt question - modifying a background color

11. Question: Why BitBlt when you have PaintPicture?