Bitmaps

Post by Gary Ree » Mon, 09 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm using a TImageList as a bitmap container for displaying images on
TToolButton components. First, what's the best dimension for these
bitmaps? I've concluded 16 x 16 but want to know what others think.
Second, does anyone know of a good source for these bitmaps (e.g., a web
site where they can be downloaded)?

Thank you
Gary Reed
PearlWare

Bitmaps

Post by Damon Chandle » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi Gary,

Quote:> I'm using a TImageList as a bitmap container for displaying images on
> TToolButton components. First, what's the best dimension for these
> bitmaps? I've concluded 16 x 16 but want to know what others think.

IIRC, 16x16 is the standard.

Quote:> Second, does anyone know of a good source for these bitmaps (e.g., a web
> site where they can be downloaded)?

Have a look at this page...

http://www.torry.ru/tgraph.htm

Prticularly, look at Bumper which supposedly comes with 1000 glyphs.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------
Damon Chandler

http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com
Answers to <Commonly Asked Questions>

Bitmaps

Post by Gary Ree » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Damon

> Hi Gary,
> > I'm using a TImageList as a bitmap container for displaying images on
> > TToolButton components. First, what's the best dimension for these
> > bitmaps? I've concluded 16 x 16 but want to know what others think.

> IIRC, 16x16 is the standard.

> > Second, does anyone know of a good source for these bitmaps (e.g., a web
> > site where they can be downloaded)?

> Have a look at this page...

> http://www.torry.ru/tgraph.htm

> Prticularly, look at Bumper which supposedly comes with 1000 glyphs.

> Good luck!

> --------------------------------------
> Damon Chandler

> http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com
> Answers to <Commonly Asked Questions>

1. Bitmaps Bitmaps Bitmaps

This may be a dumb question but is there any easy way to encode my sprites?
Making an array of pixels seems like it is very time consuming to do it for
each graphic, and it wouldn't produce good quality(im using 16 bit color).
Until now i have read straight from the bitmaps, but now i am writing a
commercial game and dont want to go that route for disk space reasons and
people could just change the graphics. Any help would be appreciated.

-Drew

2. OpenGL from PERL (instead of C)

3. Conversion from Windows bitmaps to OpenGL bitmaps?

4. Problems installing OpenGl for windows 95

5. Problems by printing bitmaps - Probleme beim drucken Bitmaps-Pictures

6. Voxel image data mapping

7. Offscreen bitmaps and DIB bitmaps

8. Multitexturing problems :-( please help

9. Converting bitmaps to 8bit

10. Is there an easy compression of bitmaps

11. I need some bitmaps

12. Techniques for drawing bitmaps and Icons for Windoz apps

13. Smoothing and tracing lineart bitmaps