retrieving frame TMediaPlayer

Post by Michiel Visse » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to get the bitmap of the current frame of an AVI video
file, loaded in a Mediaplayer?
I know that the display object can be set, but it solves nothing.
I'm afraid there isn't a solution, but how should I do it then?

--
_____Michiel Visser_____
Student Computer Science University of Twente

http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~visserm
ICQ 10050951 - tel: 074-2439200

retrieving frame TMediaPlayer

Post by gerard pat » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello
Don't know about TMediaPlayer, but you can
do this with the Avi functions. Launch the Multimedia
Microsoft help file, I think that the functions you have
to use are AviFileOpen,  AVIFileGetStream, AVIStreamGetFrameOpen,
AVIStreamGetFrame, AVIStreamGetFrameClose, AviStreamRelease
and AviFileRelease..
HTH
Gerard

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:29:34 +0200, Michiel Visser

>Is it possible to get the bitmap of the current frame of an AVI video
>file, loaded in a Mediaplayer?
<snip>

retrieving frame TMediaPlayer

Post by Mark Bar » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I did this with C++Builder 1.0. But with 3.0 just including the "vfw.h"
header file causes a compile error (some problem about mixing "C" w/ C++).
Does anyone know or have a fix for this?

>Hello
>Don't know about TMediaPlayer, but you can
>do this with the Avi functions. Launch the Multimedia
>Microsoft help file, I think that the functions you have
>to use are AviFileOpen,  AVIFileGetStream, AVIStreamGetFrameOpen,
>AVIStreamGetFrame, AVIStreamGetFrameClose, AviStreamRelease
>and AviFileRelease..
>HTH
>Gerard

>On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:29:34 +0200, Michiel Visser

>>Is it possible to get the bitmap of the current frame of an AVI video
>>file, loaded in a Mediaplayer?
><snip>

retrieving frame TMediaPlayer

Post by gerard pat » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Mark
I think it was "Templates or overloaded functions cannot
have C linkage" or something like that. I have written down
what I did to get rid this of this, but now I think that my notes
are inaccurate. It was night work...
My impression now, from the difference between
my Bcb1 program et the Bcb3 version, is that the only change in the
.Cpp file : replace #include <vcl/vcl.h> by #include <vclmax.h>

Try it, if it don't work repost.
Gerard

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 01:08:48 -0500, "Mark Barr"

>I did this with C++Builder 1.0. But with 3.0 just including the "vfw.h"
>header file causes a compile error (some problem about mixing "C" w/ C++).
>Does anyone know or have a fix for this?

<snip>

retrieving frame TMediaPlayer

Post by Olivie » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

No it doesn't work...
There are still a problem with mmreg.h ("Structure packing size has changed").
There are new errors in vfw.h ("Ambiguity between 'IUnknown' and
'Ole2::IUnknown'")
Do you have an idea of what happen?
Thanks
Olivier

> Mark
> I think it was "Templates or overloaded functions cannot
> have C linkage" or something like that. I have written down
> what I did to get rid this of this, but now I think that my notes
> are inaccurate. It was night work...
> My impression now, from the difference between
> my Bcb1 program et the Bcb3 version, is that the only change in the
> .Cpp file : replace #include <vcl/vcl.h> by #include <vclmax.h>

> Try it, if it don't work repost.
> Gerard

1. Capture frame from video in TMediaPlayer

Hi,
how capture single frame from the video in TMediaPlayer?
Properties Display is set to Panel1. After capture image
from Panel1 is saved only free Panel1 althought video
is visible in the Panel1.

Miroslav Vesely

image is captured by means of this function:
  Source := FindComponent(Panel1.name);
  tempCanvas:=TCanvas.Create;
  with Source as TControl do
    tempCanvas.Handle := GetDeviceContext(notUsed);
    image2save:=TImage.create(self);

  with image2save do begin
    Height := (Source as TControl).Height;
    Width :=  (Source as TControl).Width;
    destRect := Rect(0,0,Width,Height);
    if Source is TWinControl then sourceRect := destRect else sourceRect :=
(Source as TControl).BoundsRect;
    Canvas.CopyRect(destRect,tempCanvas,sourceRect);
  end;

  MyJpeg:= TJpegImage.Create;
  MyJpeg.Assign(Image2save.Picture.Bitmap);
  MyJpeg.SaveToFile('c:\tmp\aaa.JPG');

2. Free Texture Maps

3. Getting at frames displayed with TMediaPlayer

4. new screenshot at lightwave 6.com

5. Capturing a Frame from TMediaPlayer

6. Programming Logo commands into C++ Builder

7. Frame Rate - How to retrieve it?

8. Manual for opengl library 3.0.2 for sun?

9. Retrieving AVI frames

10. Retrieving frames from an avi file

11. TMediaPlayer & Fullscreen

12. TMediaPlayer->Display problem

13. TmediaPlayer C++ Builder - Wav help sample/suggestions needed.