TBitmap

Post by Oscar » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 02:29:02

Hi All,  What's the fastest way to load a bitmap.  I do not want to use load
from file because my application needs to keep switching bitmaps and I
thought it will be to slow.

Thank you
Oscar

TBitmap

Post by Corey Murtag » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:46:04

> Hi All,  What's the fastest way to load a bitmap.  I do not want to use
load
> from file because my application needs to keep switching bitmaps and I
> thought it will be to slow.

If you're changing bitmaps often then you probably want to keep a copy of
the bitmaps in memory.  But the have to come from somewhere, and
LoadFromFile isn't that slow.  It's fast enough if you're just going to
build a TList full of TBitmap pointers for example.

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk

TBitmap

Post by KaKe » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:02:49

How about TImageList? Load bitmaps to the image list and switch them from
list.

- KaKe -

Quote:> Hi All,  What's the fastest way to load a bitmap.  I do not want to use
load
> from file because my application needs to keep switching bitmaps and I
> thought it will be to slow.

> Thank you
> Oscar

TBitmap

Post by Oscar Valenzuel » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 04:27:44

Thank you.

Oscar.

> Hi All,  What's the fastest way to load a bitmap.  I do not want to use
load
> from file because my application needs to keep switching bitmaps and I
> thought it will be to slow.

> Thank you
> Oscar

1. TBitmap::FreeImage and TBitmap::Dormant

Hi Guys

I'm sorry to tell you that I don't understood very weel the use of
TBitmap::FreeImage and TBitmap::Dormant method. What is the difference.

I can do BitBlt function after FreeImage ? and after Dormant ?

Thanks
For your answer

Ing. Giuseppe Monteleone

2. rendering for ANAMORPHIC

3. TBitmap::ReleaseHandle(); TBitmap DIB DDB

4. Maya: Skin and weighting?

5. *(TBitmap) or **(TBitmap)

6. RGB Gold & Sliver

7. TBitmap **BUG** Read if you use TBitmap!!!

8. Drawing a line in run time.

9. TBitmap -> TMetafile -> TBitmap

10. TBitmap -> DIB -> TBitmap ???

11. Ambiguity between 'TBitmap' and 'Windows::TBitmap'

12. Copy complex region of a TBitmap into another TBitmap?

13. Writing TBITMAP using a Writer, reading TBITMAP using a Reader?