Read in a bitmap

Post by AJMCFE » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:37:21

I need to read in image data from a variety of formats (bitmap, png, jpeg)
and cut out the header information and paste in a new header.

I have done this in matlab but need to write a C++ based application in C++
Builder.

Can anyone advise on the best way to read in the data?

Here is the code I use in Matlab:

function write_vid(img_data,filename)

vid_header = [83 76 77 95 86 73 68 69 79 95 70 73 76 69 37 0 0 2 0 2];

fid=fopen(filename,'w');
fwrite(fid,vid_header,'ubit8');
fwrite(fid,reshape(img_data(:,:,1).',512*512,1),'ubit8');
fclose(fid);

Thanks in advance

1. need algorithm for reading and displaying bitmap files

I'm making a customized paint program in DOS and need an algorithm
for reading bitmap files like GIF, PCX, or BMP.  Does anyone have
such an algorithm?  I've tried copying one out of a book for reading
.PCX format but it doesn't work.  I will take an algorithm for any
format that can be created from Windows Paint.
Thanks!
Toni

2. solidthinking and BMRT

3. reading in a bitmap to get RGB values

4. Tip: Creating a masking layer in PS4

5. how to read a linked bitmap from access DB

6. New to PSP and ng

7. How to read in a bitmap to use for texture mapping?

8. Reading bitmap files into memory and creating bitmap

9. reading pixel data from a Bitmap

10. Reading in bitmap images

11. DIB bitmap reading source code

12. read file bitmap.r8 extention