Weird conflict between TAbstractSocket and TMediaPlayer

Weird conflict between TAbstractSocket and TMediaPlayer

Post by Henta » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a program that compiles and runs wonderfuly, which connects to a
server via TCP/IP and receives commands to play .AVI files.

I've recently finished debugging the TCP/IP client, and began adding the AVI
player portion of the code... to discover, to my horror, that including a
TMediaPlayer object and a TOleContainer object into ANY form my project
instantly destroys any hope of the main client form [Unit1] ever compiling
correctly. I include these two objects into a form [Unit2], and suddenly I
get the following compile-time error:

[LinkerError] Unresolved external 'Scktcomp::TAbstractSocket::SetPortA(int)
__fastcall' referenced from C:\Program
Files\Borland\CBuilder\Projects\DEXTR\ICTVClient\Unit1.obj'

So, I remove the TMediaPlayer and the TOleContainer objects, and it STILL
generates the error. Creating a new project and dropping the Unit1 form into
it doesn't work, either. It appears that once a form is included in a
project that contains one of these two objects, it is permanently and
irrevocably broken.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?

-Brent Dill
["In vita non pacem est" suddenly means more and more]

1. Weird, Weird, Weird -- Can't Change Surface Color....

Howdy all,

Now this is a strange problem and I'm not sure how long I've had it.

I CAN"T CHANGE SURFACE COLOR IN LAYOUT!

The button has been somehow DE-ACTIVATED!

I've installed a whole bunch of free plug-ins from FLAY, Include Light, etc.
(GFX Gadget, Wavefilter, etc.) and I was wondering if anyone else has had
any experience with plug-ins that did this.

Like I said, I've just noticed this phenomenon today, after trying to
install the HUD plug in and some others and I removed these newer plug-ins
but I'm still having the same problem.

If anyone has any definitive answers, I'd appreciate it.

Now back to removing one plug in at at a time....

jin

2. memory

3. TMediaPlayer & Fullscreen

4. How to restrict rotate angles for quaternion?

5. TMediaPlayer->Display problem

6. Did my computer go crazy?

7. TmediaPlayer C++ Builder - Wav help sample/suggestions needed.

8. OpenGL under Win95 - Help!!

9. TMediaPlayer priority above TImage ???

10. TMediaPlayer & AVI Problems

11. TMediaPlayer vs MCIWndCreate ???

12. retrieving frame TMediaPlayer

13. TMediaPlayer, multiples...