I suffer flicker when painting on a paintbox

I suffer flicker when painting on a paintbox

Post by Rober » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:26:19

I'm developing a !CLX! application, and am suffering flicker
when painting on a paintbox, what should I do?

I suffer flicker when painting on a paintbox

use a Timage instead.

Post by Hans Galem » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:41:08

> I'm developing a !CLX! application, and am suffering flicker
> when painting on a paintbox, what should I do?

Did you try to set DoubleBuffered of your TForm ?

Hans.

Post by Hans Galem » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:33:05

> I'm developing a !CLX! application, and am suffering flicker
> when painting on a paintbox, what should I do?

Dit a google newsgroup search on
text: flicker paintbox
newsgroups: *cppbuilder*

As second hit this thread. It contains two messages:
the original post and a reply of Maynard Philbrook.
How does this work ?

Bericht 1 van deze discussie

Onderwerp:I suffer flicker when painting on a paintbox
Discussies:borland.public.cppbuilder.graphics
Datum:2003-06-15 07:32:06 PST

I'm developing a !CLX! application, and am suffering flicker
when painting on a paintbox, what should I do?

Bericht 2 van deze discussie

Onderwerp:Re: I suffer flicker when painting on a paintbox
Discussies:borland.public.cppbuilder.graphics
Datum:2003-06-15 14:00:33 PST

use a Timage instead.

 > I'm developing a !CLX! application, and am suffering flicker
 > when painting on a paintbox, what should I do?

Is this an example of posting to a mirror ?

Hans.

I suffer flicker when painting on a paintbox

But the problem is clx widgets have no DoubleBuffered property...

Post by Hans Galem » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:54:52

> But the problem is clx widgets have no DoubleBuffered property...

Aha. The flicker problem has been here many times.
A solution would be to draw on a bitmap and copy that to
the paintbox.

What you need depends on the code you wrote.

Did you do a google search in this newsgroup ? You will
find lots of links.

Hans.