A problem with IDE and OpenGL

Post by FJTC » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:06:06

Hi.

I have a very strange problem with an OpenGL application. If I run it
using the IDE (Builder 5), the function wglCreateContext() fails after a
long time delay (about 5 secs) but if I run it directly, without the
IDE, it works with no problem (there is no delay).

I'm running it under W2k SP3 using a NVidia GeForce video card. I
suspect it may be some problem with the de* but I was unable to
find what is going on.

Thanks,
FJTC

1. OpenGL and BCB3 IDE and VCL

As I wrote a couple of week ago if I use VCL and some OpenGL code
then I have an access violation error in BCB3 IDE on Win95 when I run
the program
from the IDE.

Now if I set my program to standalone mode:

Project|Options|Linker-> (uncheck use dynamic RTL)
Project|Options|Packages-> (uncheck build with runtime packages)

the access violation in the IDE is very rare but instead of this I can't

exit
from the program. I have to use program reset from the IDE.
Any ideas ?

Leo

2. Help with colors

3. OpenGL and BCB3 IDE with VCL

4. Windows and borders

5. OpenGL with VCL and BCB3 IDE

6. Need algo. on rendering

7. OpenGL and BCB3 IDE

8. OpenGL - Crashes in IDE - Runs OK in Windows

9. OpenGL and IDE

10. Lead Tools problem (crashes the IDE)

11. Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL