d3d: i got a cube (cube.x) but how do i translate/move it

d3d: i got a cube (cube.x) but how do i translate/move it

Post by Timmy Dougla » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I know there like is a translate function somewhere i just want to know the
parameters and where to put it so it does it. Im still a beginner but i have
just learned a lot really quickly. I want to animation with the camra and
maybe make a texture mapped human walk around in a texture mapped city. Any
animation tips. please don't tell me to look into some help file. Do i need
something like3D studio max r2.5? if so, what type of program like that
should i get

Timmy

d3d: i got a cube (cube.x) but how do i translate/move it

Post by Jean Parisea » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

To move it you can use the AddTranslation() or MoveFrame() calls.
To construct you're meshes you can use 3dstudio and convert these ".3ds" files
to ".x" format(which is what d3d uses) with "CONV3DS.exe", supposedly included
withthe direct 3d sdk.

--
Jean R Pariseau III

Parisoft Inc.