errors with Direct3D Retained Mode

Post by DGE Smit » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I've spent the last week trying and failing to get a Direct3D retained
mode application to work properly under BCB.
Everything works fine until an object moves partially outside the
viewport. Instead of it being clipped, I get a 'invalid floating point
operation' error.
After giving up on my own code, I converted one of the example
applications which came with the D3D SDK to run under BCB and altered it
so that the object would move outside the viewport. I get the same error
and can't figure out what I've done wrong.
I was wondering if anyone else had come across a similar problem before.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Daniel Smith

1. Direct3D Retained Mode

Can anyone point me at any on-line resources which might help me to gently
transition from OpenGL to Direct3D retained mode? Failing that can anyone
recommend a good book?
First impressions are that there is a very strong (almost one to one)
correspondence. Would anyone care to point out the main differences?

Many thanks
Des

2. Polgon self-intersecting test?

3. Newbie Direct3D Retained Mode Question...

4. file insert or insert tracks for max2

5. 3DFX supported by Direct3D retained mode?

6. Using Toaster as Grass Valley switcher

7. Troubles with RayPick (Direct3D Retained Mode)

8. Direct3d Retained Mode Application

9. Direct3D retained mode (EInvalidOp)

10. Drawing lines in Direct3D Retained Mode

11. Direct3D Retained mode docs...

12. what's the difference between immediate mode and retained mode