Help With Simple 3D Shapes

Post by Larry Johnso » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:20:28

I need to draw a 3D cube outline. Is there a function similar to the
rectange function which draws a cube? I looked through all the APIs and
nothing there. Is there anyone doing this who can help?

thanks.
Larry.

Help With Simple 3D Shapes

Post by Ananth B » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:22:34

Hi Larry,
  I'm dont think there is a simple API call for this. You will need to use a
3D projection system, to map the vertices of the cube to the canvas and then
draw the lines between them.
Here are some examples from EFG's graphics page
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Graphics/index.html

In specific, ThreeD lab might be what you need.
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Graphics/ThreeDLab.htm

Of course, in case you dont need to rotate it or anything, the solution
would be far simpler.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Ananth B.

Quote:> I need to draw a 3D cube outline. Is there a function similar to the
> rectange function which draws a cube? I looked through all the APIs [snip]

Help With Simple 3D Shapes

Post by Larry Johnso » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:53:27

Dear Ananth,

The 3D Lab is only for Delphi 3/4. I am using C++Builder 5.0.  Do you know
if this project has been compiled in C++Builder?

Quote:> Hi Larry,
> In specific, ThreeD lab might be what you need.
> http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Graphics/ThreeDLab.htm

Help With Simple 3D Shapes

Post by Ananth B » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:12:51

Hi Larry,
  Sorry, this is the bset resource I have seen so far.

Regards,
Ananth B.

> Dear Ananth,

> The 3D Lab is only for Delphi 3/4. I am using C++Builder 5.0.  Do you know
> if this project has been compiled in C++Builder?

> > Hi Larry,

> > In specific, ThreeD lab might be what you need.
> > http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Graphics/ThreeDLab.htm

1. simple 3D shape animation

I am writing a game where I want to use 2D sprites which look like 3D
shapes (cubes, tetrahedrons, etc.)

Is there a simple package to create an array of rotated sprites in 3D to
output to a BMP or JPG file?  Nothing fancy - just something to do the
basics.

Don Metzler
Barefoot Productions Software Development

2. WANTED!! ANIMATION WIZARD & CREATIVE RENEGADE

3. Inventor Simple Shape properties

4. INFO: Auto stereograms

5. how do you draw a simple geometric shape

6. CanoScan 2700F slidescanner to 2940AU?

7. Simple Shapes For A Novice

8. Simple shape filleting in VizR2: how to in MAX 1.0

9. Rendering Simple Polygons/Shapes

10. The Power of Simple Shapes in Modeling!

11. texture mapping simple shapes - cones, elipsoids, cylinders?

12. Dynamic Intersection of Simple Shapes