Fastest way to drawcolor lines on TImage?

Fastest way to drawcolor lines on TImage?

Post by zhang l » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:37:41

Quote:> fast is working directly with memory

> slow is Canvas or any of the putpixel functions

> Chris

Windows system check and hold all low level Input/Output.
none program really directly access to memory.
Maybe via WIN-API will faster.

Li

Fastest way to drawcolor lines on TImage?

Post by Chri » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:54:11

Hi Hans

As I read it Bony wanted to know *which* was faster

1. Drawing  directly on the Form's canvas?
OR
2. Drawing  on TImage locate on the form?
OR
3. Drawing on TPicture locate on the form?

given that Bony said..

Quote:>>i need to draw lot of random color lines on the
>>form as fast as possible.

my point was that **none** were fast, all were slow!
each one uses a canvas in the end

Quote:>> From his other post He does not know what a canvas is so the point
>> was mute

> Huh ?

This means that Bony is not really sure what a "canvas" is anyway so my
comments to him were meaningless (to him)

thats what is meant when you say a "point is mute"
it's another way of saying my words were wasted

Snip ;)