> 16 colour icons in tray

Post by Sam Izz » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:20:34

Hi,

I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this.  I have a 16x16 BMP file
which is 256 colours and I want to use it as my application's tray icon.
Can I use a bmp file as the tray icon, or does it have to be an ICO file?
If so, how do I do that (load from resource, etc)?  I'm using BCB5 and the
image editor doesn't let me create icons with more than 16 colours.

Thanks
sam

> 16 colour icons in tray

Post by Ananth B » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:29:52

Hi Sam,
    Use Microangelo to create hi-color ICO's. I'm sure you can also find
other low-cost or free edtors that serve the same purpose.

As for loading from a resource file, use the LoadIcon API call.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Ananth B.

Quote:> Hi,

> I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this.  I have a 16x16 BMP file
> which is 256 colours and I want to use it as my application's tray icon.
> Can I use a bmp file as the tray icon, or does it have to be an ICO file?

[snip]

1. saving highcolor icons (>16 colors)

Hi

Im trying to save some highcolored icons. I get them from
ExtractIconEx, and i know they're high color, since i see it if i load
them into a TImageList (which im doing anyway)

Now, no matter how i try to use the TIcon object, they turn out to be
16 colors after a SaveToFile. Is there some magic involved in doing
this? After all, the impression i got about >16 colored icons is that
its a rather big hack

- Asbj?rn

2. Hats on characters

3. Resource Icons to Tray Icons - How?

4. PM 7.0 wish list

5. 16 x 16 icons

6. Wavefront Personal Visualizer

7. 16 color icon to 16 gray scale ???

8. PS4 - color correction as batch process?

9. 16 colour Windows palette

10. 16 colour problem

11. Only 16-bit colour on I2 H.I.?

12. What's 16 bit colour?