DirectX6 installation guide ?

Post by Claude Glause » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How can I install DirectX6SDK on Builder 4 Standard edition ?
I tried but I always get a linker error:
1. I installed DirectX6SDK
2. I copied the header files to \CBuilder4\include\DirectX
3. I added the librarypath SDK\lib\borland in (Project\Options)
4. I wrote this: #include <DirectX\d3d.h>
5. I wrote g_pDD1->QueryInterface(IID_IDirectDraw4, (VOID**)&g_pDD4);
5. I compiled it, but I always get a linker error:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_IID_IDirectDraw4' referenced from
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\UNIT1.OBJ.
What is wrong ?

DirectX6 installation guide ?

Post by Borla » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

HI Claude,

Quote:> [Linker Error] Unresolved external '_IID_IDirectDraw4' referenced from
> C:\MY DOCUMENTS\UNIT1.OBJ.
> What is wrong ?

Adding the library path is not enough. You need to add dxguid.lib to your
project to resolve this.
//jt

Post by Elmo Allé » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>4. I wrote this: #include <DirectX\d3d.h>
>5. I wrote g_pDD1->QueryInterface(IID_IDirectDraw4, (VOID**)&g_pDD4);
>5. I compiled it, but I always get a linker error:
>[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_IID_IDirectDraw4' referenced from
>C:\MY DOCUMENTS\UNIT1.OBJ.
>What is wrong ?

Working with COM objects requires you include initguid.h file in your
project. You can include it in your .cpp file (like I do, I haven't tried
including it in header files, but I think it should also work fine), but you
must include it after vcl.h file for pre-compiled headers to work properly.
It does same as using "#define INITGUID" statement, but it works better with
VCL. DirectX 6.1 SDK says to use #define INITGUID in troubleshooting
section. You can guess for how long I tried to get those GUIDs working
properly. You should also check the troubleshooting section for how to
disable floating-point warnings. In worst case, Direct3D may hang your
computer totally. If you can't find it, mail to my address and I tell you
how to do it.

Elmo Alln

Post by AG » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> >4. I wrote this: #include <DirectX\d3d.h>
> >5. I wrote g_pDD1->QueryInterface(IID_IDirectDraw4, (VOID**)&g_pDD4);
> >5. I compiled it, but I always get a linker error:
> >[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_IID_IDirectDraw4' referenced from
> >C:\MY DOCUMENTS\UNIT1.OBJ.
> >What is wrong ?

> Working with COM objects requires you include initguid.h file in your
> project. You can include it in your .cpp file (like I do, I haven't tried
> including it in header files, but I think it should also work fine), but
you
> must include it after vcl.h file for pre-compiled headers to work
properly.
> It does same as using "#define INITGUID" statement, but it works better
with
> VCL. DirectX 6.1 SDK says to use #define INITGUID in troubleshooting
> section. You can guess for how long I tried to get those GUIDs working
> properly. You should also check the troubleshooting section for how to
> disable floating-point warnings. In worst case, Direct3D may hang your
> computer totally. If you can't find it, mail to my address and I tell you
> how to do it.

> Elmo Alln

Alternatively, try adding dxguid.lib to your project. Also make sure you're
declaring g_pDD, etc as global in your header files and of the correct type.
You might also find it helpful to see how the ddraw examples that come with
CBuilder do it (don't forget to look at the .h parts). They're a good
starting point as d3d builds on a ddraw object.

Allister

1. Graphics Cards-- Buyer's Guide-- Installation Guide-- Latest Buzz

If you are in the market for buying a new graphics card, but have no
idea where to begin, or even if you do have an idea, the following
links are full of greatl nfo.

How to Install a New Card:
http://www.webshopper.com/jhtml/features/howTo.jhtml?aid=173700&src=n...

Buying Advice:
http://www.webshopper.com/jhtml/features/advice.jhtml?cid=51466&src=n...

Latest Buzz:
http://www.webshopper.com/jhtml/features/buzz.jhtml?cid=51466&src=ng_...

cheers
Erich Schienke
WebShopper
http://www.webshopper.com

2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 2D/3D Graphics Card Installation and Buyer's Guide

4. Will buy LensFX

5. drawing line in DirectX6

6. V 1.0 to 2.0 converter

7. help with directx6

8. Delphix for directx6...

9. background Texture, DelphiX, DirectX6

10. DirectX6 and Delphi3

11. DirectX6 QueryInterface?

12. Pantone Process Color Imaging Guide & Pantone Color Formula guide