DirectX6 QueryInterface?

Post by Lerou » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm trying to declare a IDirect3DRMFrame3 in builder.  It doesn't seemed to
recognize the type but does recognize IDirect3DRMFrame.

Any SuggestionS?
Is there a flaw in the lib's that came with the directx 6.0 sdk?

Thanks!

DirectX6 QueryInterface?

Post by Mark Breugelman » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I'm trying to declare a IDirect3DRMFrame3 in builder.  It doesn't seemed to
>recognize the type but does recognize IDirect3DRMFrame.

>Any SuggestionS?
>Is there a flaw in the lib's that came with the directx 6.0 sdk?

>Thanks!

You may be using the wrong Direct3DRMInterface to create the frame.

Mark

DirectX6 QueryInterface?

Post by Lerou » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
No its the same interface that I used in VC5.0 and it complied perfect
there.

Thanks,

Freddie L Richard

Philosophy Is A Blind Man
Searching For A Black Cat
In A Room With The Lights Off
And The Cat Does Not Exist!!!!

>>Hi,
>>I'm trying to declare a IDirect3DRMFrame3 in builder.  It doesn't seemed
>>recognize the type but does recognize IDirect3DRMFrame.

>>Any SuggestionS?
>>Is there a flaw in the lib's that came with the directx 6.0 sdk?

>>Thanks!

>You may be using the wrong Direct3DRMInterface to create the frame.

>Mark

1. Debugger, QueryInterface and Downloading

Hi,

I'm pretty new to DirectX so please forgive me if I use
the wrong terminology.

Debugger
I am having trouble using the debugger.  My application is
fine till I add a break point, then it falls over and will
not work properly again untill I reboot.  This only
happens when I am using DirectX components.  I've tried
some simple samples from Microsoft and they do the same
thing, any ideas?

QueryInterface
Also, any body know if I need to use QueryInterface when I
am creating new objects?  One book I have just declares a
pointer to a DirectDraw2 object, creates and uses it.
Another article I have says that you should create a
DirectDraw object and then use QueryInterface to get a
pointer to the DirectDraw2 object?  Which is right?

Downloading
Is it possible to get the latest DirectX SDK on CD?

Cheers, Alison.

2. Plugin Peril!!

3. QueryInterface

4. KPT Interform...

5. D3DXCreateContext, switching video modes and QueryInterface on the primary surface

6. Lost my graphics bookmarks-Send me your's?

7. DirectX: QueryInterface with IID_IDirectDraw2?

8. where can i replace disk or download??

9. drawing line in DirectX6

10. DirectX6 installation guide ?

11. help with directx6

12. DirectX6 and Delphi3

13. background Texture, DelphiX, DirectX6