resistent Picture (Picture1.Picture = Picture1.Image)

resistent Picture (Picture1.Picture = Picture1.Image)

Post by Philipp Arnd » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:58:02

Hello,

I coded long time in VisualBasic and want to switch
now to Borland Bulider 6.

I paint an picture using "SetDIBitsToDevice(..)"
this works great but

*) when I move the form out of Screen the picture
   is deleted

*) I can't save the picture into an bmp file

in vb the solution of this Problem was:

Picture1.AutoRedraw=True
SetDIBitsToDevice(..)
Set Picture1.Picture = Picture1.Image

how can I do this in BorlandBuilder 6?

And an secound question:
is GetDC(Image1->Picture->Bitmap->Handle) the right
handel to an picture? The Data is not printed in the
picture box but on the screen.
I have to use Form1->Left + Image1->Left as an x-offset
and Form1->Top + Image1->Top as an y-offset. Is this
correct?

best regards,
Philipp Arndt

1. Image1.Picture = Picture1.Image failing intermittently in Win 2000

I am using some custom code, adapted from Mike Sutton's site, to load a BMP
file into a PictureBox.  But I need it in an Image control.  (Image doesn't
have a .hdc property, so I'm not writing to it directly.)

When I say Image1.Picture = Picture1.Image, about 1/2 the time
Image1.Picture comes back with a negative number -- and fails to display.
If I reload it, it has a good chance of working.  At the moment, I have a
loop that exits when it gets it right ... it will take anywhere from 1 to 16
tries before it works.

Any ideas?  Are there known issues with the image control under Windows
2000?

Thanks!

--
Daniel Wilson, BSCS, MCSE
CompuSoft Solutions and The Worthwhile Company

2. SURFER for UNIX ???

3. Picture1.line(..) can't be copyed

4. best fine grain col neg for scanning?

5. Picture1.Point RGB Value

6. i just dont believe it !!

7. two pictures into one picture.

8. Can't Find alt.binaries.3d.lightwave Newsgroup!

9. Extract sub-picture from bmp picture

10. Convert Picture in Picture with numerated Points

11. RGB pictures into color picture software?

12. software to build big picture from small pictures

13. handling multi-picture-formats as tiff (add/remove/extract picture)