Icon on a button

Post by Manu » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I know it should be stupid but where can I find the classics icons (like
New, cut paste, ...) to put on buttons I have created on a toolbar ?

Thanks,     Manu.

Icon on a button

Post by Damon Chandle » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Manu,
        Images for use on Buttons are located in Images/Buttons directory of
the Builder directory.

//Damon

> Hi all,

> I know it should be stupid but where can I find the classics icons (like
> New, cut paste, ...) to put on buttons I have created on a toolbar ?

> Thanks,     Manu.

Icon on a button

Post by Spide » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I know it should be stupid but where can I find the classics icons (like
> New, cut paste, ...) to put on buttons I have created on a toolbar ?

windows\system\shell32.dll has a bunch of system icons in it.
You will have to use "ExtractIcon"

Icon on a button

Post by J.A. Bijsterbosc » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello Damon, Manu,

Quote:> Manu,
>    Images for use on Buttons are located in Images/Buttons directory of
> the Builder directory.

Also be aware that as of BCB4 the 'Images' folder is in the folder 'Borland
Shared' and not in a subdir of the CbuilderX directory.

Quote:> //Damon

--
Greetings from sunny Amsterdam

                Jan

http://home.worldonline.nl/~bijster

Icon on a button

Post by Alessandr » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a Microsoft book where there is written that standard toolbar bitmaps
are built into COMCTL32.DLL .
There is also an example explaining how to use them.
It just use the CreateToolbarEx passing HINST_COMMCTRL as the module istance
containing the images. It fill the TBBUTTON structure with STD_FILENEW,
STD_FILEOPEN etc. in the iBitmap property.

Alessandro

Manu ha scritto:

Quote:> Hi all,

> I know it should be stupid but where can I find the classics icons (like
> New, cut paste, ...) to put on buttons I have created on a toolbar ?

> Thanks,     Manu.

1. Icon on Command Button

I have written a program in VB6 which allows the user to drag a file
on to a frame and then makes visible a previously loaded command
button so that pressing the button fires up the file.

I use ExtractIcon, GetDC and DrawIcon to paint the icon from the
dragged file (only playing with executables at the moment) on the
button, whose style is set to graphical.

The problem I have is that the drawing of the Icon is not persistent
and I have to drag the form about to force it to repaint when
sometimes it repaints the icon and sometimes it doesn't. (I use the
DrawIcon function in the Form_Paint routine but it seems that having
drawn the icon the form continues to paint my buttons grey again).

Has anybody any ideas on this, there isn't an AutoRedraw option for
command buttons as far as I can see.

Many thanks.
--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK

2. GIF FIle Format Request

3. How to display icon on Bitmap button or normal button?

4. Transparent bitmap in VC++

5. Consistent set of Icons/Buttons for Application

6. OpenGL and Java

7. free icons, buttons, clipart, etc.

8. painting effects?

9. Button, Button, who's got the button?

10. WANTED: Mac Graphix Program for creating 3D buttons/Icons

11. Looking for a toolbar button/icon designer

12. designing button icons

13. CUSTOM Office Toolbar Button Icons using VBA