paint program

Post by N. Karademi » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:07:18

Hi,

I would like to make a program like MS Paint.

The difference is, with word i have a rectangle background (form which
someone can draw on).
I need to have a different background.
It must have a shape like an arrow or what ever
i never made something like this so if someone point me to sample project i
would be very happy

Thanks,
N. karademir

paint program

Post by Team » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:45:29

Hi,
  You can use GDI regions to define the shape of the drawing surface.  Have
a look at this article for info on how to create a custom-shaped control...

http://www.bridgespublishing.com/articles/issues/0111/Custom_buttons_...

HTH,
--
Damon (TeamB)
BCBCAQ - http://bcbcaq.bytamin-c.com

> I would like to make a program like MS Paint.

> The difference is, with word i have a rectangle background (form which
> someone can draw on).
> I need to have a different background.
> It must have a shape like an arrow or what ever

[snip]

1. Paint program and 3D object editor program

I need to acquire the following two programs for our imaging lab.
They must run on sparcstations.

1. A paint program -- We need a pixel-oriented program
    (like Deluxe Paint for the Amiga) that permits image compositing and
    touchup as well as from-scratch drawings. It should handle 256
    grayscale images, 256 color-from-palette images, and possibly 24-bit
    true color images.

2. A 3D object editor -- We need a program that will allow interactive
    creation of 3D objects to be rendered using sunvision. Sunvision itself
    has no such editor. There are a number of these available for the Amiga
    e.g. Impulse's Imagine or NewTek's LightWave 3D. We need something
    similar to this for a sparcstation. Sunvision has a renderman interface
    so an object editor that creates renderman output would work.

Q: What programs are available either commercially or for free distribution?
     Who are the distributors? What are the prices?

Q: Which of the above are the best? Are there lists of functionalites available?
    Are there reviews available?

Thank-you

Alan Peters
Asst. Prof. of Electrical Engineering
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN 37235
(615) 322-7924

2. outlines

3. Search: Paint program for TIFF-files

4. SIGGRAPH 94 - Course Notes CD-ROM

5. Computer History Lecture: Early Paint Programs, Jan 13, 2000

6. Help with Kernel32.dll!!!!!!!

7. Paint Programs

8. Dynamic Camera Movement ?

9. GrafX2 rocks! (paint program for DOS)

10. Paint Program for DOS

11. Looking for source code for windows based paint program

12. New Animation/Paint-program for win!!

13. DOS paint program