StringGrid question

Post by Francesc » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:49:35

Hi to everybody,

I'm making a planner for an Hotel program, I use a StringGrid and for sign
day reserved I put a runtime a panel  on reserved days, all work well but
when I scroll the grid the panel doesn't scroll too, Panel of course is
child of the grid then I've set the property Parent of the panel to Grid.

I think should set the parent property to the cells, not to the grid....

Is it possible to do this, or  I should  do in another way.....?

Anybody have already made a planner like this??

All suggestion are welcomed, thanks in advance

                              Francesco

StringGrid question

Post by Finn Tolderlun » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:11:01

Please do not crosspost.

StringGrid question

Post by Corey Murtag » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 05:25:05

First off, please post questions to just the most relevant group.  If you
can't figure out which is most relevant, pick one.  People will no doubt
tell you where to go if you get it wrong :>

> Hi to everybody,

> I'm making a planner for an Hotel program, I use a StringGrid and for sign
> day reserved I put a runtime a panel  on reserved days, all work well but
> when I scroll the grid the panel doesn't scroll too, Panel of course is
> child of the grid then I've set the property Parent of the panel to Grid.

Sounds like you want to draw cells by hand rather than try to embed other
components in the string grid.  When you scroll a string grid the client
area doesn't actually scroll, just the displayed cells change.  The scroll
bars are an indication of where you are in the cell array.

Write an OnDrawCell handler to draw the reserved days.

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk

1. StringGrid question

Hi to everybody,

I'm making a planner for an Hotel program, I use a StringGrid and for sign
day reserved I put a runtime a panel  on reserved days, all work well but
when I scroll the grid the panel doesn't scroll too, Panel of course is
child of the grid then I've set the property Parent of the panel to Grid.

I think should set the parent property to the cells, not to the grid....

Is it possible to do this, or  I should  do in another way.....?

Anybody have already made a planner like this??

All suggestion are welcomed, thanks in advance

                              Francesco

2. RGB(,,,)???

3. Printing StringGrids

4. Help! Cursors disappear

5. StringGrid ??

6. rayracing..not apear

7. draw into a stringGrid Cell

8. See my first renderings!

9. highlight StringGrid

10. StringGrid->Cells (Text Aligment)

11. multiselect in a stringgrid ?

12. JPEG thumbnails in a stringgrid - Help?

13. Saving A StringGrid to a file