AlphaBlend Transparency

Post by Robert Hoove » Sat, 31 May 2003 21:57:07

I love the new transparency stuff in v6, but I'm having difficulty...

First, I build a shell window and overlay other windows on it. I'd like to
make those other windows transparent. But, because I set the Parent-> to the
shell window, the transparency doesn't work. I have no experience with MDI
windows and the like. It this a problem with my heirarchy? Or, can I force
the transparency after I set the Parent->?

Thanks,
Rob

1. Scanning transparencies without a transparency adapter??

In our lab we produce lots of autoradiographs on X-ray film.  We would
like to start scanning them to use when we are preparing publications and
grants.

What I want to know is how well a typical flatbed scanner will do
without a transparency attachment vs. one with a transparency attachment.

I would rather spend the $700 bucks on other system enhancements like
more RAM and a bigger hard disk.

Has anyone experimented with this.  I have tried to find a local dealer
who would let me come in and do some test scans but very few have the
trans. attachment and they are all a pain to deal with over the phone.

Thanks.

Erik

                             I am not a Netter.

2. Conversion TIFF to PostScript

3. How to code transparency forms with transparency bitmaps ?

4. Light Map/Alpha-Blending Question

5. Alphablending problems in OctaneMXi 8bitRGBA visual.

6. OT: birth announcement :-)

7. Text antialiasing and alphablending

8. relations not functions; different domains

9. Portable 16bpp AlphaBlend()

10. alphablend too slow :-( delphi's asm good tho

11. Help on AlphaBlend function

12. 16-bit additive- and alphablending in DirectDraw

13. ColorKeying / AlphaBlending