How to get the bitmap of an unvisible window?

How to get the bitmap of an unvisible window?

Post by M_R » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 01:38:07

How can I get the bitmap of a window, which is not visible on the
screen, e.g.not in the foreground or minimized?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

How to get the bitmap of an unvisible window?

Post by Maynard Philbroo » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:18:10

you would have to override the WM_PAINT  message of the form and then
 reset the regions and direct the DC handle to a bitmap .
 basicly the OS sets a clipping region that only allows drawing in the
visible
areas..

Post by Hans Galem » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:20:15

> How can I get the bitmap of a window, which is not visible on the
> screen, e.g.not in the foreground or minimized?

   Graphics::TBitmap *Bitmap = GetFormImage();

   Image1-> Picture->Assign(Bitmap);

   delete Bitmap;

Hans.

How to get the bitmap of an unvisible window?

Post by M_R » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:41:35

Sorry, I don't meant a TForm.

I have a window in form of type HWND, i.e.

how can I get a Graphics::TBitmap * out of a given HWND (where this
window might be (partially) in the background or minimized)

Thanks,

Michael

1. RichEdit to Bitmap - Windows NT and Windows 98

I have an application that outputs the text from a RichEdit component to a
bitmap. When I run the application on an NT4 the text is perfectly
antialiased. When I run the application on a 98 the text is not antialiased.

Two questions:

1.) Why this difference in behavior between NT4 and 98?

2.) What can be done to antialias the text in 98?

Thanks,

Jim Davis

2. (no subject)

3. unvisible line hiding

4. Reinstalled - now no bitmaps

5. Making sys folders unvisible when Placing files

6. Cool multimedia software

7. Lines drawn on chart remain unvisible

8. microtek artix 4000 slidescanner any good?

9. HELP : Getting a bitmap from the clipboard

10. Getting an outline from a bitmap

11. vectorization and/or getting bitmap data into AutoCAD

12. HELP : Getting a bitmap from the clipboard