Slow Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect

Post by vertig » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

is there a faster way than BitBlt()?
is there there any function comes with WinG?

Slow Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect

Post by Oliver F??le » Sun, 27 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

i have a speed Problem with Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect:
I will copy one Bitmap to anouther Bitmap and the VCL Function
is versy slowly.

Is BitBlt faster ??

Give a Funktion who is faster ??

thanks

Oliver

Slow Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect

Post by Damon Chandle » Sun, 27 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Oliver,

Quote:> i have a speed Problem with Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect:
> I will copy one Bitmap to anouther Bitmap and the VCL Function
> is versy slowly.

> Is BitBlt faster ??

Yes, BitBlt() and StretchBlt() are highly recommended for use instead of Draw()
and StretchDraw().

Good luck.

--------------------------------------
Damon Chandler

http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com
Answers to <Commonly Asked Questions>

Slow Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect

Post by Frans Vander Meire » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Vertigo

Quote:>is there a faster way than BitBlt()?
>is there there any function comes with WinG?

I have the best experiences with BitBlt() and StretchBlt().
See my TImage Stretching Problem.
Damon C. has an excellent site on image blitting and so on.

Frans Franssen
Nice day

Slow Canvas->Draw and Canvas->CopyRect

Post by Si Nguyen V » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi Frans,

I'm using BitBlt to draw an image into a TPanel control (using its "Handle",
GetWindowDC, BitBlt then ReleaseDC), let's say tpA. Then, using the same
method, I'm copy this TPanel to another one, let's say tpB.

1] However, when tpA is overlapped with other forms, or dialogs, or ..., tpB
will contains the overlapped image of tpA and the other forms ... Is there a
away to have tpB a complete image of tpA ?

2] If I put tpA on a modal form, and try not to push tpA out of screen, then
tpB is fine, how do I copy this content to a PaintBox or TImage so I can
access its "Pixels" properties ... ?

Many thanks in advance and have a nice day

Si Nguyen
PS: Please reply with a CC: to my email, sometimes, my dialup refuses to let
me in 8-)