How to create a cursor ?

Post by Maur » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:20:32

hi all,

I have a TImage->Picture->Bitmap that has the size 32x32.
The Bitmap has 256 colors.
Could you give me an exapmle of cursor creation and assigning this Bitmap to my new cursor?

I mean the API functionality

CreateCursor(...);

I would also like to know how can I set the hotspot for this new cursor.

Thanks in advance,
Marius

P.S. By the way, is this question handles in Petzold's windows bible?

How to create a cursor ?

Post by Steve_Alett » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:07:44

Quote:

> hi all,

> I have a TImage->Picture->Bitmap that has the size 32x32.
> The Bitmap has 256 colors.
> Could you give me an exapmle of cursor creation and

assigning this Bitmap to my new cursor?

Hi, if you've not yet seen it, I'd suggest you to have a
look at this page from MSDN to begin with:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/e
n-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/Resources/Cursors/Usin
gCursors.asp

HTH,

Steve.

How to create a cursor ?

Post by Maur » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:57:04

Thanks Aletto,

it is a good side...

Best regards,
Mauro

>> hi all,

>> I have a TImage->Picture->Bitmap that has the size 32x32.
>> The Bitmap has 256 colors.
>> Could you give me an exapmle of cursor creation and
>assigning this Bitmap to my new cursor?

>Hi, if you've not yet seen it, I'd suggest you to have a
>look at this page from MSDN to begin with:

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/e
>n-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/Resources/Cursors/Usin
>gCursors.asp

>HTH,

>Steve.

1. How do I create a Cursor?

I've been fiddling with win 98 and found if you make a bmp file 32x32, then
rename it with an ico extension, it becomes an icon.  But renaming it with
cur does not make a cursor.  Is there a way without a program to make
cursors?

--
-
Robert

2. problems dual celerons @550 in MAX

3. Re : Creating own cursor and USING them

4. plotting lines with index and double spaced data, what's wrong?

5. How do I create Cursors?

6. Rotating a bitmap

7. Creating a custom cursor in Direct3D9 using SetCursorProperties

8. Direct X reference

9. Creating Cursors

10. How to dynamically create Cursor from bitmap?

11. creating a cursor at runtime

12. Creating own Cursor and USING them

13. Create Cursor