Directx8 Compiled Programm runs if started in windows but not stabel if started in the ide

Directx8 Compiled Programm runs if started in windows but not stabel if started in the ide

Post by Mathias Michaeli » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 06:17:02

Hi all.
I have a program that can be compiled without any problems.
it runs without any problems if started in windows (borland c++ doesn't
run).
If the program runs in the ide (after compolation), the program
runs only a short time, for example a flip between front and backbuffer
kills it.
Does anyone know about this?

Thank you very much

Mathias

Directx8 Compiled Programm runs if started in windows but not stabel if started in the ide

Post by Scott Heima » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:41:11

Sometimes Direct3D and OpenGL  problems can be resolved by calling

_control87(MCW_EM, MCW_EM);  /* defined in float.h */

when you create the application.

--
Regards,
Scott

Directx8 Compiled Programm runs if started in windows but not stabel if started in the ide

Post by David Camero » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:21:31

Quote:> Hi all.
> I have a program that can be compiled without any problems.
> it runs without any problems if started in windows (borland c++ doesn't
> run).
> If the program runs in the ide (after compolation), the program
> runs only a short time, for example a flip between front and backbuffer
> kills it.
> Does anyone know about this?

> Thank you very much

> Mathias

Does the program check for lost surfaces (and restore them if necessary)?

Directx8 Compiled Programm runs if started in windows but not stabel if started in the ide

Post by Mathias Michaeli » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:03:54

Yes, it does.
May this cause problems?

Mathias

Directx8 Compiled Programm runs if started in windows but not stabel if started in the ide

Post by David Camero » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:23:03

Hi Mathias,
In your replies, could you please quote the text of the original question
and the reply so that your questions are in context.
Of course snip any long replies to the minimum.
I will just put this back in context if you don't mind.

Quote:>(You, original post)
>Hi all.
>I have a program that can be compiled without any problems.
>it runs without any problems if started in windows (borland c++ doesn't
>run).
>If the program runs in the ide (after compolation), the program
>runs only a short time, for example a flip between front and backbuffer
>kills it.
>Does anyone know about this?
>>(Me, original reply)
>>Does the program check for lost surfaces (and restore them if necessary)?
>(you, reply to my post)
> Yes, it does.
> May this cause problems?

There would be problems if your program *did not* check for lost surfaces
and restore them. I was just guessing that running the program under the
de* in the IDE may be more likely to result in lost surfaces, than when
running the program stand alone. But if your program checks and restores
surfaces correctly, it seems the problem lies elsewhere.
If you are sure the Flip function is at fault, try to obtain the error
return code and post it here. Also I assume you are running the program in
full  screen mode, both when running under the IDE and when running stand
alone as the Flip function only works in full screen mode.

Dave

1. Pagemaker not starting in my start up folder

I installed WIN'98 this past week, and now when I run Pagemaker 6.5, I start
in a folder called My Documents on my C:\ drive, not in my start up
folder(PM65) that I designated in my short cut icon on my desk top. Now, I
have to surf over to My Computer, and find my start up folder. Bummer!
Can someone help?
Is this WIN'98 or Pagemaker? I've tried eveything I know.
Thanks, Patti

2. stop executing

3. I'm about to start gettin started

4. batch render problems, Maya3 deforms in batch

5. Starting Perl-Server without starting Gimp

6. --- New CD 99 [Softimage3D v3.7 & Toonz v4.1] ---

7. how to start running gnuplot ?

8. selection

9. PSP 5--Could Not Start Print Job

10. PSP 6 Will not Start...

11. desperally nead help: not enough ram to start PS