GLUT/OpenGL/TPanel --> Object selection, pan/scroll/zoom with mouse in OpenGL app.

GLUT/OpenGL/TPanel --> Object selection, pan/scroll/zoom with mouse in OpenGL app.

Post by Miem Cha » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:39:52

GLUT provides mouse, keyboard, basic window management utilities for OpenGL
applications.

Is there any similar utility to interact (pan/scroll/zoom) with the OpenGL
grahics drawn on a TWinControl derived (say TPanel) objects? Or a way of
using GLUT 's mouse,keyboard, windows functions on TPanel ?

Miem Chan

GLUT/OpenGL/TPanel --> Object selection, pan/scroll/zoom with mouse in OpenGL app.

Post by Junk Mai » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:43:16

Quote:> GLUT provides mouse, keyboard, basic window management utilities for
OpenGL
> applications.

> Is there any similar utility to interact (pan/scroll/zoom) with the OpenGL
> grahics drawn on a TWinControl derived (say TPanel) objects? Or a way of
> using GLUT 's mouse,keyboard, windows functions on TPanel ?

Provided that the TPanel has focus you can use the OnMouseMove, OnMouseDown,
OnMouseUp,  etc for the mouse move events.  You can use the OnKeyDown,
OnKeyPress, etc for keyboard strokes for the form provided the form has
focus.  There is a way to capture everything on the form I just don't
remember what it is...has something to do with overriding the WinProc
method.

---

1. Zooming and panning in OpenGL&MFC

I am new to this... :-)

I would like to have a simple capability to pan & zoom & zoom to all
using an orthographic projection ( 2D ) in OpenGL & MFC with a mouse.

Could anybody provide with a pointer to an example?

TIA,
Steve

2. Wacom UD1212/Pressure sensitivity

3. Freeware OpenGL class for W95 ( zoom, pan, print )

4. Lightwave and Bryce 3D objects

5. Freeware OpenGL class ( pan, zoom, print )

6. Urgent Req: NeXT font name !

7. Zoom/Pan/scroll features

8. R4 4 SALE

9. Panning in OpenGL (with GLUT)

10. Pan, Zoom+, Zoom-, Zoom Window, Rotate and Redraw

11. : Zoom, pan, rotate with mouse

12. Config of mouse scroll to zoom in or out