Humans to go - c4d r8

Post by Mcb » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:05:11

Has anybody used the new "Humans to go", If so --

Please tell me:

1) Is it easy to use for a beginner?

2) Is it worth the $150?

3) Are there any * models with this package?

4) Are there any texture maps?

Thanks for any help.
Mcb

Humans to go - c4d r8

Post by The3ddesign » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:41:38

Quote:>Has anybody used the new "Humans to go", If so --

>Please tell me:

>1) Is it easy to use for a beginner?

This is a package containing models of a few humans that are completely rigged
(SoftIK, IK, FK) and ready for animation. So its rather a modellibrary and it
really depends on your purposes what you want to do and if it suits you.
Beginners might find it very useful to learn about how a rig should look like
and they can immediately start trying to animate... But everybody should know
himself if this is what he needs or not.

Quote:>2) Is it worth the $150?

I wouldnt buy it for I had no use for it. If you have a use for it this will
definetly be worth the price. Imagine the time you would save to build human
models, bone and rig them!! In production you have that money back in your
pocket in several hours I guess...

Quote:>3) Are there any * models with this package?

No, not that I know of.

Quote:>4) Are there any texture maps?

Yes, they should be completely textured. Please refer to MAXON directly if you
want 100% detailed information.

Best
Sam

Humans to go - c4d r8

Post by Mcb » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:15:54

-- snip --

Quote:> Yes, they should be completely textured. Please refer to MAXON directly if

--
Sam -

I talked to maxon and the sales lady really didn't tell me what i wanted to
know,
So i thought it would be nice to ask a user or two like yourself about the
"Humans to go",
And a little feed back helps me to decide if i would to buy it.

Again thanks,
Mcb

Humans to go - c4d r8

Post by The3ddesign » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 11:04:19

Quote:>I talked to maxon and the sales lady really didn't tell me what i wanted to
>know,
>So i thought it would be nice to ask a user or two like yourself about the
>"Humans to go",
>And a little feed back helps me to decide if i would to buy it.

Oh, ok, didnt know that (of course :). Well, then I hope you can make the
right choice for you.

Quote:>Again thanks,
>Mcb

No prob. Check my website when you have a minute:
www.the3ddesigner.de/index_en.html

And here for some of my artwork: www.3ddesigner.net

:o)

Best
Samir

1. from Max3 to C4D R8

Hi,

i'm just a newbie in working with c4d, but expirienced in 3d-Max.
So now i habe some questions how to start.
In Max the basic of my work are Autocad 2d-drawings. These plans
for architectural visualisation i could also load in c4d via dxf -
that's o.k. :-)
Then in Max i create 2d-shapes by drawing plines for the walls etc.
Theses shape i extrude to get the 3d-walls. Doors and windows can
be broken into these walls by boolean subtraction.

My question: is it possible in c4d to create 2d-shapes by drawing
plines exact on a AutoCAD-plan an then extrude the shape to get a
3d-object. I don't really want to work with boxes etc. because the
most objects in these plans are more complex, so it's easier to create
a complex shape and then extrude it.

Thanks for any help
Klaus

2. Help wanted on dithering images. (dithering technique)

3. C4D R8

4. example of virtual trackball

5. Difference: C4D Go & Creative Studio 3D

6. Anyone have a plugin called "Digimation Illustrator 4"

7. Creating Morph Targets for Poser4 with C4D GO

8. Looking for rustic font

9. C4D GO Bundled With Final Cut Pro

10. c4d.co.uk - c4d news

11. c4d resources - c4d.co.uk

12. FS: Director 5.0...going...going...almost gone...

13. read file bitmap.r8 extention