Exlude object from Light sources

Post by thomez PH » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:41:28

Is it posible to exclude objects from light sources ... I can't seem
to find a link to an object list and a list of light sources ...

tnx,
thmez

Exlude object from Light sources

Post by cmosse » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:30:04

if you mean to make it not cast / accept shadows...you can set this in a
render tag

right above your objects..goto file >> tags >> rendertag

--

CMosser

Post by jallaman » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:46:39

> if you mean to make it not cast / accept shadows...you can set this in a
> render tag

> right above your objects..goto file >> tags >> rendertag

> --

> CMosser

Guessing he's talking about light exclusion...It's in there if you're
using R8.So if that's what you're after,and you're using R8,here's the how:
You have to select the light illuminating whatever objects you want
excluded,and in the attributes thing,go to the tab called "Scene".
Set Mode to Exclude,and just drag objects from the objects manager to
the little box area under there.
Hope this helps.

1. Exluding objects from Environment.

One thing that's been pissing me off forever.

How can I make an Environment object ignore a Sky object (or more precisely,
Fog)? In other words, even if Fog is set to 1m, you can still see the sky
perfectly clearly. In my experience, for realistic landscapes, you need a
bit of atmospheric haze, but doing that means the sky disappears. Grr.

I presume it's a Render Flag setting, but i've tried them all. Help.

2. How to use Large Bitmap in Menu?

3. Light Source behind hollow object

4. SXS webpage has been updated with new info and stuff ...

5. Light source inside a glass object?

6. WTB: 24bit card for Centris 650. Suggestions?

7. Light sources thru transparent objects in ray tracing

8. Lighting With Multiple Light Sources

9. lighting 3D objects with many lights ?

10. Reflective light source

11. Colour temperatures & attenuation of light sources

12. finding light source