Two very newbieish questions...

Post by Fish-fa » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 05:34:09

Hi!
Sorry to be disgustingly incompetent, but, How do I start up the
plugins like pyrocluster, not included in the Plugins menu?
Also, seeing as the demo includes dummy Manuals, where can I obtain
all of 'em?
(Yes, I looked at maxon, they only have tuts.)

Thanks in Advance, and sorry! :D

Two very newbieish questions...

Post by Charlocopocilatlobochitlicatlipolatl » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:17:01

Fish-face sacrificed a small squeaking thing to Me by bashing it's brains
out with a rock and chanted the following on 13/2/03 8:34 pm:

Quote:> Hi!
> Sorry to be disgustingly incompetent, but, How do I start up the
> plugins like pyrocluster, not included in the Plugins menu?

Under one of the menus in the Materials window. Can't remember which. Bear
in mind with Pyrocluster, you need to have a Pyrocluster VolumeTracer
material put on an Environment object.

And don't worry if you can't work out what the hell you're doing in
Pyrocluster. neither can anyone else..

Quote:> Also, seeing as the demo includes dummy Manuals, where can I obtain
> all of 'em?

Buy the full version :P

Two very newbieish questions...

Post by Fish-fa » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:05:27

Quote:> Under one of the menus in the Materials window. Can't remember which. Bear
> in mind with Pyrocluster, you need to have a Pyrocluster VolumeTracer
> material put on an Environment object.

> And don't worry if you can't work out what the hell you're doing in
> Pyrocluster. neither can anyone else..

Ah, thatta works!

Quote:> Buy the full version :P

*grin* doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon!
Thanyou for your help! (although if anyone knows where I can get
manuals, I'd be much obliged!)

Two very newbieish questions...

Post by Charlocopocilatlobochitlicatlipolatl » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:36:34

Fish-face sacrificed a small squeaking thing to Me by bashing it's brains
out with a rock and chanted the following on 14/2/03 7:05 am:

Quote:>> Buy the full version :P

> *grin* doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon!

Save-disabled versions get old pretty quickly :P

Quote:> Thanyou for your help! (although if anyone knows where I can get
> manuals, I'd be much obliged!)

No idea. Your best bet would be checking eBay, imo.

1. Newbieish Question

Hi all,

I'm running DX 9 in debug mode and I'm getting several instances of memory
not being unallocated. The memory in question seems (with the aid of the
break on alloc id) to be from D3DCreate and CreateDevice. I'm releasing both
the device and the D3D object but...

1. All my DX stuff is in a DLL.
2. I have some static functions (state manager type things) which use the
D3D Device.

So, my question is...

Could my memory leak(s) be a result of either of the above or could it be
something to do with the D3D debug mode. If not, any ideas/suggestions would
be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rik.

2. Texturing

3. Two questions: GIF editor, and PNG files?

4. Backups, scanning, video capturing all to CD-ROM!

5. Two questions about trueSpace

6. New version of gnuplot?

7. Two Newbie questions

8. Ulead SmartSaver vs. Spry Imagevw.exe

9. Two Questions About TrueSpace 2

10. two displacement shader question

11. RiBasis - two questions

12. Canvas 5, two questions - Bug/Technique.

13. Two questions: CR/LF Stripping, Bryce Review?