from Max3 to C4D R8

Post by Klaus Horstma » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:14:11

Hi,

i'm just a newbie in working with c4d, but expirienced in 3d-Max.
So now i habe some questions how to start.
In Max the basic of my work are Autocad 2d-drawings. These plans
for architectural visualisation i could also load in c4d via dxf -
that's o.k. :-)
Then in Max i create 2d-shapes by drawing plines for the walls etc.
Theses shape i extrude to get the 3d-walls. Doors and windows can
be broken into these walls by boolean subtraction.

My question: is it possible in c4d to create 2d-shapes by drawing
plines exact on a AutoCAD-plan an then extrude the shape to get a
3d-object. I don't really want to work with boxes etc. because the
most objects in these plans are more complex, so it's easier to create
a complex shape and then extrude it.

Thanks for any help
Klaus

from Max3 to C4D R8

Post by Charlocopochilatlobochitlacadolipolatl » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:19:01

Klaus Horstmann mumbled something to the effect of the following at 28/1/03
10:14 am:

Quote:> Hi,

> i'm just a newbie in working with c4d, but expirienced in 3d-Max.
> So now i habe some questions how to start.
> In Max the basic of my work are Autocad 2d-drawings. These plans
> for architectural visualisation i could also load in c4d via dxf -
> that's o.k. :-)
> Then in Max i create 2d-shapes by drawing plines for the walls etc.
> Theses shape i extrude to get the 3d-walls. Doors and windows can
> be broken into these walls by boolean subtraction.

> My question: is it possible in c4d to create 2d-shapes by drawing
> plines exact on a AutoCAD-plan an then extrude the shape to get a
> 3d-object. I don't really want to work with boxes etc. because the
> most objects in these plans are more complex, so it's easier to create
> a complex shape and then extrude it.

ExtrudeNURBS.

from Max3 to C4D R8

Post by starhaw.. » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:26:19

Hi Klaus,

schau Doch einfach mal im C4D Forum vorbei:
http://www.c4d-forum.de/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Dieses Forum ist sehr aktiv und in deutsch ;-)

Ciao

Harry Bee

from Max3 to C4D R8

Post by Klaus Horstma » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:17:44

Hi Harry

>Hi Klaus,

>schau Doch einfach mal im C4D Forum vorbei:
>http://www.c4d-forum.de/cgi-bin/index.cgi

>Dieses Forum ist sehr aktiv und in deutsch ;-)

Danke :-)

Gruss
Klaus

from Max3 to C4D R8

Post by Fabio Fredduzz » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 02:39:58

Yes, you may create a spline (free hand, linear, cubic, akima and so on)
from menu OBJECTS and then extrude it.
1st) Create an Extrude NURBS (from menu OBJECTS-NURBS)
2nd) Create the spline
3rd) Put the spline into the Extrude NURBS object (simply drag 'n drop in
the object manager)

You may also use the Vectorize object (Menu OBJECTS-PRIMITIVE
SPLINE-VECTORIZE).
It will transform a bitmap image in a spline.

Ciao and welcome in CINEMA4D
Fabio Fredduzzi

www.italeye.it/cinema4d

Quote:> Hi,

> i'm just a newbie in working with c4d, but expirienced in 3d-Max.
> So now i habe some questions how to start.
> In Max the basic of my work are Autocad 2d-drawings. These plans
> for architectural visualisation i could also load in c4d via dxf -
> that's o.k. :-)
> Then in Max i create 2d-shapes by drawing plines for the walls etc.
> Theses shape i extrude to get the 3d-walls. Doors and windows can
> be broken into these walls by boolean subtraction.

> My question: is it possible in c4d to create 2d-shapes by drawing
> plines exact on a AutoCAD-plan an then extrude the shape to get a
> 3d-object. I don't really want to work with boxes etc. because the
> most objects in these plans are more complex, so it's easier to create
> a complex shape and then extrude it.

> Thanks for any help
> Klaus

1. Humans to go - c4d r8

Has anybody used the new "Humans to go", If so --

Please tell me:

1) Is it easy to use for a beginner?

2) Is it worth the $150?

3) Are there any nude models with this package?

4) Are there any texture maps?

Thanks for any help.
Mcb

2. ilImages into ilFileImg cast

3. C4D R8

4. Tiff

5. c4d.co.uk - c4d news

6. Videogame scene

7. c4d resources - c4d.co.uk

8. Question For VideoStudio 4 Users

9. read file bitmap.r8 extention

10. read bitmap.r8 for flight simulator

11. A8/R8/G8/B8 (32-bit) Texture Questions...

12. Any artifact on R8

13. Sell Cinema4D R8 Studio Bundle