Dynamics Newbie...Collision problem

Post by Zoop » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:00:01

I am in the process of familiarising myself with the Dynamics plugin
and am trying to re-create the domio's scene found on the Dynamics CD

My problem is that the domino's don't colide with each other unless I
set the eps level ridiculously high which causes other problem in the
scene.

Whilst trying to establish the problem I discovered that by making the
domino's thicker I can make the collision work better.

In a further experiment to found the problem I tried making a cube with
initial velocity in the x axis collide with a stationary one, this
works fine obviously however if I change the y axis dimensions of the
moving cube to be more like a domino (ie thin) and use the thin surface
to make the collision that the same problem occurs.

What is the relation between dimension and collision...and how do I
make this seemingly simple animation work...what is the trick ???

TIA
Zoop

1. dynamics/collision newbie needs help

Hi Paul,
        i am no expert either. I remember reading that there is a finite limit
to the number of dicreet collissions that maya can detect in any frame.
And i think you can increase this by increasing the oversampling
parameter.

--
David Johnson
http://www.animagrafx.com.au

http://www.veryvery.com.au

2. Code for splitting two intersecting triangles

3. dynamic components on dynamic form problem

4. Ray tracing references reponses

5. Collisions, Dynamics and objects passing through objects!

6. Glass reflecting prop. in 3ds-r4

7. dynamics:object collision has a little prob

8. Real-time dynamic collision detection

9. Octree based dynamic collision detection

10. dynamics / collision

11. Dynamics Losing Collision Detection?

12. Newbie:- Dynamic Clothes