Shave and a Haircut

Post by Mcb » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:38:22

I refuse to shell out $300+ for Shave and a Haircut!!!, I am looking for a
free or
shareware version  that is not so over priced for C4d R8.

Thanks,
Mcb

Shave and a Haircut

Post by Charlocopocilatlobochitlicatlipolatl » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:41:58

Mcb sacrificed a small squeaking thing to Me by bashing it's brains out with
a rock and chanted the following on 6/2/03 11:38 am:

Quote:> I refuse to shell out $300+ for Shave and a Haircut!!!, I am looking for a
> free or
> shareware version  that is not so over priced for C4d R8.

There was the so-called 'Hair Plugin' for R6 and 7.. dunno if it'll work
with 8 though. I never used it, but apparently, it wasn't very good.
It is possible to achieve decent-looking hair with alpha maps, layered polys
and a lot of patience, though..

Shave and a Haircut

Post by Sparhaw » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 06:17:11

>I refuse to shell out $300+ for Shave and a Haircut!!!, I am looking for a
>free or
>shareware version  that is not so over priced for C4d R8.

>Thanks,
>Mcb

You could always write your own plugin!

Lacking that talent, you could start your own company, hire some
compentent programmers and maybe produce a workable solution in  a few
years.

OTOH maybe you should just buy it and support development of C4D.

Sparhawk

Shave and a Haircut

Post by Thom Kevin Gillespi » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 12:47:02

> I refuse to shell out $300+ for Shave and a Haircut!!!, I am looking for a
> free or
> shareware version  that is not so over priced for C4d R8.

Shave works and works well. I'd think if you were half way decent you
should be able to make all your money back on the first project within a
month. This thing saves time and money. In Indiana which is not the media
center of any world you can easily command $150/hr minimum for 3D and
compositing work. If you are a carpenter or a musician you pay for your
tools and you pay more than you can afford if it is your livelyhood.

--Thom

Shave and a Haircut

Post by W?rm » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:10:24

Quote:> Shave works and works well. I'd think if you were half way decent you
> should be able to make all your money back on the first project within a
> month. This thing saves time and money. In Indiana which is not the media
> center of any world you can easily command $150/hr minimum for 3D and
> compositing work. If you are a carpenter or a musician you pay for your
> tools and you pay more than you can afford if it is your livelyhood.

So, are annoying "flicker" etc issues gone with shave now when doing some
animation instead of stills?? I know those issues exist before and were
pretty much limiting serious use of shave to stills. Damn, I might even
think getting shave if it works as should nowadays..
Quote:> --Thom