vectorworks > cinema4d

Post by Stefaan Tiberghi » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

For our architectural renders we rely on VectorWorks 3D DXF-files which
we import in Strata Studio Pro. This is handy, as the material
categories we assign to certain polygons in Vectorworks are imported as
"shapes" in Strata. This makes texturing easy and fast, and we have no
complaints in this field.

When modeling/animation INSIDE Strata is required, it is not as easy.
Our  last non-architectural assignment consisted of a series of
animations of some packaging machinerie. It was hell.

That's why we are looking for a more up to date 3D application. Cinema
4D is one of our options. What we would like to know is if there is any
(positive) experience of exchanging files between Vectorworks and Cinema
4D. To be more precise, if there is a common format for making polygon
categories.

For those who haven't heard yet: Dielgraphsoft (makers of VectorWorks)
has merged with Nemetcheck, the consortium that, amongst others, also
has Maxon under its wings. So if something is known about a Cinema4d
plugin for VectorWorks, please let us know.

Thanks in advance,
Bart Rammeloo