importing quad and tria elements in to cinema4d

importing quad and tria elements in to cinema4d

Post by mutombo.. » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 06:23:38

Hi,

I'am working in Finite Elemente (computer simulation) area. I want to
import a FE-Mesh in to cinema4d for creating a animation.
A FE-Mesh has this format:

#node definition
# node nr, x,y,z
1  1 0 0
2  0 1 0
#  a quad element
# ele nr, part nr, node1, node2,node3,node4
1 1 1 2 3 4
# a tria element
2 1 1 2 3

I want to import this mesh in to cinema4d. It would be nice to respect
the part (material) numbers of elements in cinema4d also.
Could someone provide me with the format for reading this type of data
in to cinama4d. Then I will write a perl script to tranlate it.

Thank you in advence
Cem

1. how import Poser figure into Cinema4D?

Hello,

I'd like to import an animation from Poser 3 into Cinema4D (version 6)
and saved the file as DXF. Cinema imports it but the figure is pasted in
as a red object which has lost the animation sequence and which can't be
animated. Where is my mistake?

Steffen

2. Motion Capture data

3. Problems importing DXF files in Cinema4D.

4. What kind of OpenGL card?

5. Poly Faces Import Triagles not Quads - Help Please !!!

6. Layering shader

7. Model Import - Triangles not Quads - PLEASE HELP !!!

8. -- -- have you seen these sites? -- --

9. Elements and import twain driver

10. .3DS Import Explodes Objects into Elements?

11. intersection test quad-quad

12. Quad-Quad intersection area

13. Sorting triangles or quads for tri or quad meshes