Help needed for Cinema4D and OpenGl

Post by Fabio Meschin » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 01:08:56

Hi all I hope someone can give me an answer on this: I am quite
unsatisfied with the OpenGl preview of Cinema4d: I think it is quite
slow, texture appear jaggy and so on: I checked this on a Double Ghz
Processor G4 with a Radeon 9000 and a Poermac 9600/300 wit a radeon 1:
in my opinion the feedbak seems like software rendering rather than
hardware: same object with same textures loaded in Lightwave 7.5 is
handled in a breeze;

of couse I've checked all the proper panels: OpenGl is on, linear
filtering is on and now let's get to the point:

Cinema 4d is really so bad in handling opengl or have I missed something?

thanks in advance to anyone who will spend some time for an answer :-))

fabio from Italy
:-)

Help needed for Cinema4D and OpenGl

Post by Charl » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 02:11:57

Fabio Meschini sacrificed a small squeaking thing to Me by bashing it's
brains out with a rock and chanted the following on 7/3/03 4:08 pm:

Quote:> Cinema 4d is really so bad in handling opengl or have I missed something?

I actually tested this once: rendering is slower with OpenGL turned on.
Which is bizarre, to say the least.

Help needed for Cinema4D and OpenGl

Post by Mash » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:14:56

Which version of C4D?

--
Matthew O'Neill - Mash
BOTAFOT #119

Help needed for Cinema4D and OpenGl

Post by ThirdEy » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 13:29:00

Quote:> Hi all I hope someone can give me an answer on this: I am quite
> unsatisfied with the OpenGl preview of Cinema4d: I think it is quite
> slow, texture appear jaggy and so on: I checked this on a Double Ghz
> Processor G4 with a Radeon 9000 and a Poermac 9600/300 wit a radeon 1:
> in my opinion the feedbak seems like software rendering rather than
> hardware: same object with same textures loaded in Lightwave 7.5 is
> handled in a breeze;

> of couse I've checked all the proper panels: OpenGl is on, linear
> filtering is on and now let's get to the point:

> Cinema 4d is really so bad in handling opengl or have I missed something?

> thanks in advance to anyone who will spend some time for an answer :-))

> fabio from Italy
> :-)

Unless you're using 7.x, C4D opengl speed should be the fastest you've
experienced so far.
Alberto from Italy ;-)

Help needed for Cinema4D and OpenGl

Post by Fabio Meschin » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 18:50:05

I've solved the problem, Thanks to all :-)

Help needed for Cinema4D and OpenGl

Post by Charl » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 19:24:56

ThirdEye sacrificed a small squeaking thing to Me by bashing it's brains out
with a rock and chanted the following on 8/3/03 4:29 am:

>> Hi all I hope someone can give me an answer on this: I am quite
>> unsatisfied with the OpenGl preview of Cinema4d: I think it is quite
>> slow, texture appear jaggy and so on: I checked this on a Double Ghz
>> Processor G4 with a Radeon 9000 and a Poermac 9600/300 wit a radeon 1:
>> in my opinion the feedbak seems like software rendering rather than
>> hardware: same object with same textures loaded in Lightwave 7.5 is
>> handled in a breeze;

>> of couse I've checked all the proper panels: OpenGl is on, linear
>> filtering is on and now let's get to the point:

>> Cinema 4d is really so bad in handling opengl or have I missed something?

>> thanks in advance to anyone who will spend some time for an answer :-))

>> fabio from Italy
>> :-)

> Unless you're using 7.x, C4D opengl speed should be the fastest you've
> experienced so far.

Hrm.. time to upgrade, methinks.

1. HELP! OpenGL problem with cinema4d :(

Hi,

i get a weird 'error' when turning opengl on in c4d.
i use a asus v7700deluxe gts2 card (rocks!) but
when i enable opengl in c4d the following occurs:

i open a window on top of any viewport (like timeline)
and move it around -> the contents of the viewport is
suddenly IN the other window :(( when i drag it around a bit
it gets totally garbled :(
it looks like the viewport contents (not the windowborders)
lies on top of the other window - even over the borders !

this only happens in opengl mode
it's not reversable -> have to switch to software (sloooow)
mode to get rid of this effect.
i have the latest non-beta drivers off the asus homepage
(installed yesterday) but i had the same with previous
versions :(
is there maybe something i have to check/uncheck in the
asus opengl options !? (all on defaults for now)

pleeeeease :) any hint appreciated, cause it sucks to
have this lovely gts2 and not being able to use it in c4d :(

many thanks in advance! ^_^
Jan

2. Renderers, Renderers, Renderers...

3. OpenGL & Cinema4D/Viper550 under NT

4. 3 B&W images to color - need help

5. Voodoo3 3000 causing Cinema4D to crash in OPENGL

6. Free matching service for entire US now at LithoQuoter Web site...

7. HELP: Cinema4D Poser plugin problem

8. GIF formats

9. Help needed on NURB and OpenGL

10. Need help finding OpenGL documentation

11. Need help with OpenGL pixel commands.

12. Help needed on porting to OpenGL

13. Help needed on OpenGL