STUDENT VERSION

Post by GiGi » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:19:15

EXIST???

STUDENT VERSION

Post by Thom Kevin Gillespi » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:32:03

> EXIST???

yes

--

STUDENT VERSION

Post by ThirdEy » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:10:02

> > EXIST???

> yes

don't think so, i have asked many times for a R8 student version here in
italy, nobody seems to know anything :\

STUDENT VERSION

Post by GiGi » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:44:03

beh terzo occhio anche io ho chiesto in italia ma pare che nessuno ci dia
considerazione

messaggio

> > > EXIST???

> > yes

> don't think so, i have asked many times for a R8 student version here in
> italy, nobody seems to know anything :\

STUDENT VERSION

Post by ThirdEy » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:12:33

Quote:> beh terzo occhio anche io ho chiesto in italia ma pare che nessuno ci dia
> considerazione

lascia perdere il distributore italiano che non mi pare per nulla attivo, ho
parlato stasera con un uomo Maxon, dovrebbe uscire a breve la versione
studente, l'hanno ritardata perch solitamente le versioni crackate avevano
tutte i seriali delle student.

STUDENT VERSION

Post by Thom Kevin Gillespi » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:37:02

>> > EXIST???

>> yes
> don't think so, i have asked many times for a R8 student version here in
> italy, nobody seems to know anything :\

6 of my students just faxed in forms and UPS said they are enroute. No
idea what is up in Italy but hey, what do you expect?

My wife is Italian. I'm allowed to say this. 8-)

--Thom

1. Commercial Version of 3DS faster than Student Version?

Hi all,

Now, I've come across something very interesting.  I made a scene on
my Pentium 60 with the full version of 3DS R4 and rendered it, etc..
Took about 30-40 seconds to complete the entire process (materials,
transfer, render, etc.).  I then took this same scene to a friend's who
has the student version of 3DS R4.  It actually took much longer (I
didn't believe it at the time so I didn't measure the time but it took
forever), on his machine (which was a Pentium 90!).  I then dropped it
down to 320x200 and it still took longer.

Is it possible that Autodesk has thrown a loop (or whatever other time-
wasting code), into the student version since they figure students have
time to kill unlike the animation industry?  Or, is this common knowledge
and I've just been in the dark?

Same Ram on both machines (16), no vitrual swapping required for this one.
No funky materials, etc., same directory structure, no problems finding
materials, etc...

I wasn't even doing this test for speed tests, just wanted to show my
friend the scene.

Anyone know the scoop?

-A.

2. WANTED: LBM SAVER\EXPORTER

3. Artlandia: student version available

4. LW NT plugin for polgon reducing/simplifier?

5. Artlandia SymmetryWorks, student version released

6. HELP! slide producer wanted