hair department!!!

Post by news marc » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:13:58

someone can tell  me where i can download the free plug-in  called "hair
department" ??
This is a plug that generate fur and hair...

Thank to everyone

Marco

hair department!!!

http://www.bgs-group.de/

--

http://www.stephenmarriott.com/ ICQ#: 29793027
Yahoo Messenger: sjmariota AIM: sjmariota

1. Hair distribution and hair length mapping problems.

I'm using hair for a project and have discovered two problems which
I haven't been able to find a fix for.

Firstly, particles seem to emit based on the CV distribution of the
surface but I really want the equivalent of "chord length" emmision.
Is this possible? I tried assigning shaders to every map option in
the shader and giving them all chord length mapping, but the particles
don't appear to take notice of how the textures are mapped.

And secondly, the Hair Length Map thing doesn't appear to make any
effect to the actual hair length at all. Supposedly it allows you
to use a texture/shader to determine how long the hair grows at various
places around the surface but after having done numerous tests I have
never once seen it make any change to how the particles are rendered.
This would be a very handy tool, so has anyone figured out why it
doesn't work? (nothing about it in the release notes)

Thanks,
Rowan.

--
Animagrafx

2. tiling many small triangles

3. calling sgi mediadev. department

4. colors of light

5. Chair of Department Desired

6. visual EM spectrum to RGB

7. Thumb in a ScrollBar

8. logo contest, TAMU oceanography department

9. Imaging Department Manager Sought

10. Anisotropics from the tips department.

11. schools with strong comp graphics departments

12. Computer Graphics Department Chairperson