Saving problems: not all endings are visible

Saving problems: not all endings are visible

Post by Rudolf Hei » Sat, 03 May 2003 04:42:16

Hello NG

i have gimp 1.2.4. When I want to "Save under" , so I cannot choose every
possibility of ending. There are only endings visible up to png. So I cannot
save under .xcf!! What (and who) can help?

Greatings

Rudi

Post by Michael Schumache » Sat, 03 May 2003 07:05:14

> Hello NG

> i have gimp 1.2.4. When I want to "Save under" , so I cannot choose every
> possibility of ending. There are only endings visible up to png. So I cannot
> save under .xcf!! What (and who) can help?

Use the default setting "By extension" and type in the filename,
i.e. "image.xcf" or "image.png or "image.tga" etc. GIMP will use the file
extension to set the file format.

You'll hardly ever need the dropdown box to select the format, only if
you want to specify an arbitrary extension, or maybe no extension at
all.

HTH,
Michael

--

The GIMP (deutsch)   : http://www.gimp.de

Saving problems: not all endings are visible

Post by NeMon » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:26:20

If do filename.xcf it should work.

> Hello NG

> i have gimp 1.2.4. When I want to "Save under" , so I cannot choose every
> possibility of ending. There are only endings visible up to png. So I cannot
> save under .xcf!! What (and who) can help?

> Greatings

> Rudi

1. Problem: gnuplot 3.6 on Windows 95 not completely ending task

I have encountered a problem with the use of the 3.6 version of gnuplot
on Windows 95.  I have tried binary versions of gnuplot 3.6 for Windows
(beta 332, 334; beta 336 did not have gif driver) and am experiencing
the same problem with both versions.

Background info:  I am using gnuplot in a distributed environment where
a java applet communicates with a java server application on a server
computer to 'exec' gnuplot to generate gif formated output files.  These
gif files are then displayed by the java applet on the client computer's
browser.  I have a need to delete the gif files on the server computer
and this is where the problem arises.

gnuplot 3.6 (332 & 334) does not completely terminate after being
'exec'ed by my java server program.  The same problem occurs when I run
gnuplot using the command line to specify the *.plt file that gnuplot
should use.  However, if I run gnuplot (i.e., wgnuplot) interactively by
invoking it from a MS-DOS shell and use the 'load file.plt'  command and
then the 'exit' command, gnuplot terminates completely and frees up the
output gif file.

When run from a java 'exec' command or MS-DOS command line 'wgnuplot
file.plt', it executes and generates the gif file but the gnuplot task
does not terminate completely.  It does not show up on the Windows 95
task bar at the bottom of the screen but if I use the classic
'Ctrl-Alt-Del' command there is a task named 'Wgnuplot' that still
exists.  When I specifiy that the 'Wgnuplot' task be terminated, it is
destroyed and the link to the file is freed up and I can delete the gif
file and the Windows Explorer program updates its size from 0 to the
correct size.

Can anyone tell me how to get gnuplot 3.6 to terminate completely after
processing the 'file.plt' file and free up all links to the generated
output file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lynn Maas

p.s.  The 'file.plt' file has both a 'quit' and 'exit' command at the
end of the commands that genereate the plot for the gif file output.

2. help-color balance

3. I am not able to save plots

4. RenderMan FAQ - monthly posting

5. How to save scan without ending twain session?

6. Constant velocity(reducing frames between two keyframes)

7. Ending a Glut program w/keyboard (not mouse)

8. Raytracing Links Database

9. PROBLEM: Could not save file

10. LW-QV not saving files problem

11. Saving Layered Images having only the visible layers.

12. Octane MXI - Rendering not visible

13. PSP7: Top Border of Crop Area not visible