Animated Shiny Text Tutorial

Post by Phil Harp » Sun, 18 May 2003 02:01:27

it just occured to me that i never did post the finished tutorial here.
http://www.vmlinuz.freeserve.co.uk/flashpoint.htm

1. Shiny, shiny things...

Can anyone share some secrets on surafacing/lighting/rendering shiny,
shiny objects? I've got a vehicle to do and I know it needs a high-gloss
finish.

I see a lot of posts here (spaceships, vehicles, characters...) that are
incredibly glossy and I've been trying all kinds of things (radiosity,
ray tracing, HDRI, RefGen...) and can't quite get that awesome look many
of you are doing. Maybe there's a tutorial I've missed? Maybe I'm just
missing part of my brain.

Oh yeah... one more thing... what's the refraction index for BEER?  I
think it's 0.8 here in Michigan.   : )

Many thanks in advance,

Kevin
www.carrico.net/lightwave.htm

2. insection curve polygon/ray

3. tutorial on making shiny metal background?

4. MH3D ?? What are your opinions ???

5. MAX: HOW DO I MAKE TEXT SHINY????!!!!

6. any copyright software??!

7. How do I make shiny, gold text in Corel Draw 6

8. Video Studio 6 Problem,...Help

9. Making shiny text from a picture

10. ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS

11. Free animated gif tutorial

12. Animated Color Science Tutorial?

13. Animated signature tutorial