drawing objects

Post by Dani » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:41:23

Is there any tutorial, or book out there to show me how to draw
objects (for example Tux or The Gimp icon)? How do i create that
"domed" effect like Ximian Evolution icon? How to I use the Bezier
tool? Thanks Daniel

drawing objects

Post by Phil Harp » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:03:59

> Is there any tutorial, or book out there to show me how to draw
> objects (for example Tux or The Gimp icon)? How do i create that
> "domed" effect like Ximian Evolution icon? How to I use the Bezier
> tool? Thanks Daniel

try the paths tutorials from http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials
there are also some good text effects that will help you with the
domed look.

drawing objects

Post by Trog Woolle » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:13:23

Quote:> Is there any tutorial, or book out there to show me how to draw
> objects (for example Tux or The Gimp icon)? How do i create that
> "domed" effect like Ximian Evolution icon? How to I use the Bezier
> tool? Thanks Daniel

There are some tutorials on the gimp website (www.gimp.org)
For other references, do a google for "Grokking The Gimp"
and "Gimp User's Manual".  Both of these splendid (and huge)
documents were on my install CD's and are a pretty good
of information.

--
Trog Woolley | trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)

drawing objects

Post by Phil Harp » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:11:13

> > Is there any tutorial, or book out there to show me how to draw
> > objects (for example Tux or The Gimp icon)? How do i create that
> > "domed" effect like Ximian Evolution icon? How to I use the Bezier
> > tool? Thanks Daniel

> There are some tutorials on the gimp website (www.gimp.org)
> For other references, do a google for "Grokking The Gimp"
> and "Gimp User's Manual".  Both of these splendid (and huge)
> documents were on my install CD's and are a pretty good
> of information.

no need to google Grokking is available from gimp-savvy.com (and
mirrored on GUG) and the users manual is http://manual.gimp.org/

drawing objects

Post by Roman Frol » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:53:01

try to look at my site. I made a summary of gimp tutorials pages:
http://gimpzone.republika.pl/tutorials/

drawing objects

Post by Phil Harp » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 04:58:04

> try to look at my site. I made a summary of gimp tutorials pages:
> http://gimpzone.republika.pl/tutorials/

ah, that's nicer, much better :)

drawing objects

Post by Roman Frol » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:08:55

Quote:> ah, that's nicer, much better :)

i will improve it a bit soon :-)

1. put drawing object inside another drawing object

Hi everyone,

this maybe a stupid question to ask but i don't know how
to search for it or where to find out.
how do you put drawing object inside another drawing
object at both design and run time? ie... i want to put
an image box inside a picture box instead of on its form.

appreicated any help,

--Tai Huynh

2. CG images

3. Parts of corel draw objects/graphic are disappears in Corel Draw 6.0

4. Probably easy question

5. Lightwave draws objects but everything gray

6. lightwave web ring

7. location of a drawn object

8. Unsaved work

9. Aligning a new origin with a previously drawn object

10. drawing objects/players, searching for lib/editor

11. Problems with drawing Objects from the AUX-Library

12. Draw Objects from DLL

13. Drawing objects behind the eye