Help with script-fu

Post by Kaveh Vahedipou » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi everybody!

I need some help with script-fu. The doumentation I found about
script-fu did not contain any hints on how to create and save a
generated image non-interactively  (gimp -n -b ...). I would need some
basic script to get into this.

Grateful for any help, yours Kaveh.

Kaveh Vahedipour
Institute for Theoratical Physics
University of Cologne

Help with script-fu

Post by Zachary Kessi » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hi everybody!

> I need some help with script-fu. The doumentation I found about
> script-fu did not contain any hints on how to create and save a
> generated image non-interactively  (gimp -n -b ...). I would need some
> basic script to get into this.

> Grateful for any help, yours Kaveh.

> Kaveh Vahedipour
> Institute for Theoratical Physics
> University of Cologne

the basic way to do it is
% gimp --batch '(my-script arguments)' --batch '(gimp-quit 0)'

Ofcourse you can do funny stuff like use the server mode and stuff. I
would also turn on console messages.

--Zach Kessin

Help with script-fu

Post by Richard Em » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> > Hi everybody!

> > I need some help with script-fu. The doumentation I found about
> > script-fu did not contain any hints on how to create and save a
> > generated image non-interactively  (gimp -n -b ...). I would need some
> > basic script to get into this.

> > Grateful for any help, yours Kaveh.

> > Kaveh Vahedipour
> > Institute for Theoratical Physics
> > University of Cologne

> the basic way to do it is
> % gimp --batch '(my-script arguments)' --batch '(gimp-quit 0)'

> Ofcourse you can do funny stuff like use the server mode and stuff. I
> would also turn on console messages.

> --Zach Kessin

 Ok. After typing it I get:
could not find procedure: "my-script"          !!!
Of course my-script is in the current dir. Or must it be in some "special"
directory?
Do the scripts from the gimp distribution (beveled-button.scm) run also in
batch mode?

Thanks, rems

        --- Richard Ems                                  ---

        ----- http://www.schiffbau.uni-hamburg.de/~ems -----
        ------ Fachbereich Informatik                 ------
        ------- Universitaet Hamburg                 -------

Help with script-fu

Post by Zachary Kessi » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> > > Hi everybody!

> > > I need some help with script-fu. The doumentation I found about
> > > script-fu did not contain any hints on how to create and save a
> > > generated image non-interactively  (gimp -n -b ...). I would need some
> > > basic script to get into this.

> > > Grateful for any help, yours Kaveh.

> > > Kaveh Vahedipour
> > > Institute for Theoratical Physics
> > > University of Cologne

> > the basic way to do it is
> > % gimp --batch '(my-script arguments)' --batch '(gimp-quit 0)'

> > Ofcourse you can do funny stuff like use the server mode and stuff. I
> > would also turn on console messages.

> > --Zach Kessin

>  Ok. After typing it I get:
> could not find procedure: "my-script"          !!!
> Of course my-script is in the current dir. Or must it be in some "special"
> directory?
> Do the scripts from the gimp distribution (beveled-button.scm) run also in
> batch mode?

> Thanks, rems

Put the file "my-script.scm" into $HOME/.gimp/scripts that is where
gimp looks for it. The scripts distributed with gimp should run in
batch mode if you give them the correct paramaters. But that mostly
applies to the toolbox menu scripts not the ones on the image menu.

--Zach Kessin (There are 2 Zach's floating about here)
London