gif

Post by Lorenzo » Tue, 13 May 2003 19:35:27

This is the question:
how can i create an animated gif with gimp?

i mean something like "moving words", or "disappearing logos"...

I have 1.2 Gimp and a linux mandrake 8.2

Thanks!

--
Questa news stata scritta con Knode
Knode un software Open Source

gif

Post by Dave Near » Tue, 13 May 2003 20:49:35

On Mon, 12 May 2003 10:35:27 GMT, Lorenzo B said:

Quote:> This is the question:
> how can i create an animated gif with gimp?

> i mean something like "moving words", or "disappearing logos"...

> I have 1.2 Gimp and a linux mandrake 8.2

Create one layer per frame, use Plug-ins->Animate->Playback to
see how it looks and Animate->Optimise to reduce the information
to the minimum possible. The save as a gif will automatically
create an animated gif.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
                David Neary,
        E-Mail: bolsh at gimp dot org

gif

Post by Sven Schobe » Wed, 14 May 2003 01:08:44

> This is the question:
> how can i create an animated gif with gimp?

> i mean something like "moving words", or "disappearing logos"...

> I have 1.2 Gimp and a linux mandrake 8.2

> Thanks!

you can find an in depth explanation of how to do this in chapter 9 of this
book, which is online available:
http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/

hope i could help,
so long
sven

gif

Post by Phil Harp » Fri, 16 May 2003 01:42:59

> This is the question:
> how can i create an animated gif with gimp?

> i mean something like "moving words", or "disappearing logos"...

> I have 1.2 Gimp and a linux mandrake 8.2

> Thanks!

you could always look at the travelling text tutorial on this page
http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials

or create an image, your text logo on the top layer on an opaque BG,
and create another 2 layers beneath with the same solid BG colour and
run <image> - script-fu - Animators - Blend
that will give you disapearing text.

i've got a tutorial on my own page http://www.biggyp.tk/ with an
aminated text effect method.

hope some of that helps.

1. Gif.gIf.giF - Animated GIF Screen Capturing

---------------------------- Announcing Gif.gIf.giF ---------------------------

Record the actions of your favorite software with Gif.gIf.giF and showcase
your animations on the World Wide Web! Gif.gIf.giF records all screen
activity as an animated GIF. The animations are small, as Gif.gIf.giF only
records the differences between frames rather than the entire frame.

There are examples on the Gif.gIf.giF website, at:

            http://www.cafe.net/peda/ggg/

Gif.gIf.giF is useful for doing software demonstrations, tutorials, simple
animations, problem/success reports (it's easier to show something than
describe it sometimes)....

This was posted to let people know about the tools available. There is a
compression comparison between Gif.gIf.giF and other tools at the web site.
Gif.gIf.giF is available as shareware for both Macintosh and Windows platforms.

them here.

Jeff Tupper
Pedagoguery Software
http://www.cafe.net/peda/

2. Help! - e?í??é??!

3. POV3.0 beta on UK ftp server

4. Gif gIf giF - HELP!!!!!

5. transparent gifs problem

6. generate a GIF from text (was Re: Read / Concat / Return GIF Images)

7. OpenGVS for WinNT

8. Looking for someone to edit a GIF for me - 12_old.gif (0/1)

9. Gif Anim - Animated Gif Collection!

10. GIF as Resource to GIF as File