Save selection (NOT selection content!)

Post by Christian Muensche » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 03:43:40

Hi!

Ive got multiple images being very similar. I have to copy
an area / two areas of the same size out of all images,
but the areas to be copied are not always at the same
position.
Now I want to save the selection-rectangle without content
(its size / measures...) so that I can just load it into the image
when working with the next image.

Is that possible? At the moment I have to re-create the selection - box
again everytime I load a new image, and that fiddling around every time
will drive me crazy, Im sure ;(

Thank you :)

regards,
    Chriss

Save selection (NOT selection content!)

Post by Branko Colli » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:26:13

2002 20:43:40 +0200:

Quote:>Ive got multiple images being very similar. I have to copy
>an area / two areas of the same size out of all images,
>but the areas to be copied are not always at the same
>position.
>Now I want to save the selection-rectangle without content
>(its size / measures...) so that I can just load it into the image
>when working with the next image.

>Is that possible? At the moment I have to re-create the selection - box
>again everytime I load a new image, and that fiddling around every time
>will drive me crazy, Im sure ;(

There are two, no wait, three things you can do. Well, probably much
more ...

1) Write a script that will generate you a selection of the size you
need. (Probably hardest to do if you have no scripting experience, but
easiest to work with).

2) Make a path the shape of the selection, save it, load it when
needed and turn it into a selection.

3) Draw a (black?) block the size of the selection and paint it in the
selection mask of the image where you need the selection.

4) (4?) Double click the rectangular select tool and enter the size of
the selection in the ratio boxes.

Don't forget that you can drag the selection box while you have the
Alt key pressed (well, at least under MS Windows).

--
branko collin

Save selection (NOT selection content!)

Post by Christian Muensche » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:53:23

Hi!

Branko Collin schrieb:

Quote:> 4) (4?) Double click the rectangular select tool and enter the size of
> the selection in the ratio boxes.
> Don't forget that you can drag the selection box while you have the
> Alt key pressed (well, at least under MS Windows).

You are great! I must have overseen that option :)

Thank you very much!

regards,
    Chriss

1. Resizing CONTENT of SELECTIONs in PSP 6.02

Hey Hey,does anyone know if it is possible to resize CONTENT of SELECTIONs
in PSP 6.02.

It is easy to resize the selection w/o resizing the CONTENT in PSP 6.02.
And it is easy to resize the content of the whole Image in PSP 6.02.

But it seems to be impossible to resize CONTENT of SELECTIONs in PSP 6.02.

2. looking for IIci Audio Video card..

3. Basics-Moving from selection to selection?

4. Saving or exporting text as an image

5. Tool box selection - turn off selection im PSE 2.0

6. OpenInventor for Smalltalk

7. selection other than with the selection buffer

8. SONY 15 multiscan sf profile

9. Feathering and saved selections

10. PSP6: Moving a saved selection

11. Save a selection for use by other programs?

12. Saving a selection shape and recalling it

13. saving selections??????