strange gimp 1.[01].x script-fu(?) problem

strange gimp 1.[01].x script-fu(?) problem

Post by Mike Henderso » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Greetings,

Has anyone ever seen this problem before? I've tried gimp
1.0[234]/1.1.4, and the same thing occurs each time.

parsing "/root/.gimp/gtkrc"
parsing "/usr/local/share/gimp/gimprc"
parsing "/root/.gimp/gimprc"
parsing "/root/.gimp/pluginrc"
gimp_process: Invalid argument
Starting extensions: extension_script_fu

I'm speaking specifically of "gimp_process: Invalid argument". Once the
gimp loads, everything but script-fu seems to work fine. I can bring up
the script-fu console and or server, but no scripts are listed in any of
the "Script-Fu" submenus, and they are most certainly installed.

I've spent plenty of frustrating hours trying to figure this one out,
and
have come up blank, so here I am :)

*Any* help/tips would be greatly appreciated. Here's some info that may
or
may not be relevant to the situation:

----

System: Linux 2.2.5-ac1 / i686

Compilers: ( I tried recompiling with each of the listed compilers to no
avail )

gcc version pgcc-2.91.60 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
gcc 2.7.2.3
gcc 2.8.1

Libc: redhat's mangled glibc-2.0.7

GTK: 1.2.1

----

Thanks!

http://prowler.dca.net

strange gimp 1.[01].x script-fu(?) problem

Post by Paul Lemmen » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

When upgrading/reinstalling the gimp, you need to remove your ~/.gimp
directory. For proper function this is mandatory I've read somewhere.

 >Greetings,
 >
 >Has anyone ever seen this problem before? I've tried gimp
 >1.0[234]/1.1.4, and the same thing occurs each time.
 >

 >parsing "/root/.gimp/gtkrc"
 >parsing "/usr/local/share/gimp/gimprc"
 >parsing "/root/.gimp/gimprc"
 >parsing "/root/.gimp/pluginrc"
 >gimp_process: Invalid argument
 >Starting extensions: extension_script_fu
 >
 >I'm speaking specifically of "gimp_process: Invalid argument". Once the
 >gimp loads, everything but script-fu seems to work fine. I can bring up
 >the script-fu console and or server, but no scripts are listed in any of
 >the "Script-Fu" submenus, and they are most certainly installed.
 >
 >I've spent plenty of frustrating hours trying to figure this one out,
 >and
 >have come up blank, so here I am :)
 >
 >*Any* help/tips would be greatly appreciated. Here's some info that may
 >or
 >may not be relevant to the situation:
 >
 >----
 >
 >System: Linux 2.2.5-ac1 / i686
 >
 >Compilers: ( I tried recompiling with each of the listed compilers to no
 >avail )
 >
 >gcc version pgcc-2.91.60 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
 >gcc 2.7.2.3
 >gcc 2.8.1
 >
 >Libc: redhat's mangled glibc-2.0.7
 >
 >GTK: 1.2.1
 >
 >----
 >
 >
 >Thanks!
 >

 >http://prowler.dca.net

Mobile: 0650-244949    Read the Source     www.student.kun.nl/paul.lemmens

"That young girl is one of the least benightedly unintelligent organic
life forms it has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to
avoid meeting." (The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, Marvin the
Paranoid Android)

1. Script-fu GIMP 1.2 Win32 GPF's gimp

Everytime I use a script with Gimp 1.2 for win32, I close the generated
picture, and gimp GPF's.
There is always a script-fu task left which I have to kill first before
restarting gimp.
OS: Win98SE, good Graphics card, enough memory/Athlon Thunderbird CPU
etc.
Additional info: NO program in Background except Explorer.exe (not even
systray).

Is this a known bug or does it not like my Machine?
The Machine itself is very stable (for Windows98 typical conditions).
Gimp 1.1 ran without problems.

(No "use linux" replies please, I already do since 1.3.13..)

Joachim

2. csplines isn't necessarily smooth.

3. Gimp 1.2.3 - Script-Fu freezing

4. Changing pixel size to larger size

5. Newbie script-fu question (null arguments from Gimp)

6. Displacement map, um, MAP resources?

7. Compiled Gimp 1.2.2 hangs up when loading script-fu

8. Action-Styles site update

9. gimp script-fu question

10. WIN-GIMP: Refresh of Script-Fu unstable?

11. Gimp Script-Fu logo samples available

12. gimp 1.1.10 and script-fu

13. SCRIPT-FU: gimp-file-save