Script-fu GIMP 1.2 Win32 GPF's gimp

Post by Joachim Otaha » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:57:25

Everytime I use a script with Gimp 1.2 for win32, I close the generated
picture, and gimp GPF's.
There is always a script-fu task left which I have to kill first before
restarting gimp.
OS: Win98SE, good Graphics card, enough memory/Athlon Thunderbird CPU
etc.
Additional info: NO program in Background except Explorer.exe (not even
systray).

Is this a known bug or does it not like my Machine?
The Machine itself is very stable (for Windows98 typical conditions).
Gimp 1.1 ran without problems.

(No "use linux" replies please, I already do since 1.3.13..)

Joachim

Script-fu GIMP 1.2 Win32 GPF's gimp

Post by Hago Ziegle » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 23:04:25

Hi,

Quote:> Is this a known bug or does it not like my Machine?

Known bug - you have to replace "gimp.exe". See at
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html :
After installing, replace gimp.exe with the one in this file:
updates-20001226-20001229.zip. This "hotfix" fixes a crash if you try to
close an image window without saving in some circumstances.

Hago

Post by Joachim Otaha » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 00:54:10

> Known bug - you have to replace "gimp.exe". See at
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html :

Thank you for the useful info !

Joachim

1. Filters don't work with Win32 Gimp 1.2

I've installed Gimp on Windoze NT 4 and I have this problem.
When I try any of the filters commands, I have no result at all.
No error, no dialog box, nothing (just a wait cursor during
a few seconds). Other commands (image menu, etc.) seem to work.
Version is 20001226.

Any idea?

Patrick

--
Posted from oneida.lnet.fr [195.25.252.194]

2. QT freeware version?

3. Gimp Essential Reference and Gimp 1.2

4. Paint ShopPro

5. Perl Gimp::Fu win32

6. Freeware group

7. Gimp 1.2.3 - Script-Fu freezing

8. I need a chicken!!!!!!!

9. Newbie script-fu question (null arguments from Gimp)

10. Compiled Gimp 1.2.2 hangs up when loading script-fu

11. gimp script-fu question

12. WIN-GIMP: Refresh of Script-Fu unstable?

13. Gimp Script-Fu logo samples available