Color select & replace within a pre-defined region

Color select & replace within a pre-defined region

Post by J. Ma » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:42:40

What's the easiest way to select by color, but only within a specific
region of an image?  Cut that portion out, export it to another file,
do a "select by color", make my change, and copy the portion back in?
Or is there a more elegant way to do this?

Thanks!
John

Color select & replace within a pre-defined region

Post by Dave Near » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 06:14:22

On 7 Jul 2003 13:42:40 -0700, J. Maly said:

Quote:> What's the easiest way to select by color, but only within a specific
> region of an image?  Cut that portion out, export it to another file,
> do a "select by color", make my change, and copy the portion back in?
> Or is there a more elegant way to do this?

Make a selection (freehand, rectangle, etc), open the "select by
colour" dialog, and select "Intersection", or use the Shift
button while selecting by colour.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
                David Neary,
        E-Mail: bolsh at gimp dot org

1. ? How replace one color with a pre-selected different color

Pardon me if this may be a simple problem, but in working with PS for
only a month I haven't found an answer.
I need to be able to replace some selected colors with other
pre-determined Pantone colors. At first I thought it would be simple
with the Image:Adjust: replace color command. But I find that I can only
make relative changes to a color, not actually set it to a new
pre-determined color. Is there another, relatively easy, way to make
this change?

I have a set of 18-20 map index graphics (essentially a catalog) which
were initially created in MapInfo.They have seven colors (mostly in a
random checkerboard like pattern), which were output from whatever color
schema is used in Windows. Before they are published I have to adjust
each color to a pre-defined Pantone color, and of course the colors have
to remain consistent across all pages.

Thanks for any useful advice.
MikeZ

2. 2 new LScripts added

3. Plugin/Software That Selects/Replaces a specific Color

4. Quicktime 3.0 and Lightwave 3D

5. Select and Replace Color Command

6. PPC/Renderman????

7. Selecting a Region of Color

8. 3D visualization of pre-defined objects?

9. pre define shapes

10. VS4 - Pre defined Lead ins wanted

11. how to copy a Picturebox region define by SetWindowRgn

12. Getting at vertex data within predefined utility Meshes