finding function name for script-fu

Post by Michael N. Bogomoln » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:47:12

What is the function name that corresponds to
Image->Colors->Levels --> Auto    ??

When I look in the DB Browser,
plug-in-color-enhance, plug-in-color-map, and plug-in-colorify
look like reasonable possibilities.

Is there any way to find out in general what function gets run by a
specific item in the menu?

when I do a grep for plug-in-color in /usr/share/gimp/1.2/scripts
I don't see any matches. Where is these plug-ins defined?

-bogo

Post by Olivier Ripol » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:43:33

> What is the function name that corresponds to
> Image->Colors->Levels --> Auto    ??

> When I look in the DB Browser,
> plug-in-color-enhance, plug-in-color-map, and plug-in-colorify
> look like reasonable possibilities.

I think you can combine gimp-histogram and gimp-levels for this, if you
know exactly what the auto button does.

Quote:> Is there any way to find out in general what function gets run by a
> specific item in the menu?

"search by blurb" or "search by name" are probably the best way to find
this. seraching for levels, which is the function you want returns
gimp-levels

Quote:

> when I do a grep for plug-in-color in /usr/share/gimp/1.2/scripts
> I don't see any matches. Where is these plug-ins defined?

1- the plugins are in the plugin directory, not the script directory (in
the lib tree, not the share tree)
2- some functions are not plugins, but modules or directly built in the
gimp binary.

Quote:> -bogo

Regards,

Olivier

Post by Michael N. Bogomoln » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 06:23:41

> I think you can combine gimp-histogram and gimp-levels for this, if you
> know exactly what the auto button does.

ok, you got me. I haven't a clue how gimp uses the results from
gimp-histogram as input to gimp-levels. The documentation says only "This
button performs an automatic setting of the levels based on the pixel
intensities of the image." Perhaps this is clear to an experienced photo
touchup guru, but I find it a tad sketchy.

Does anyone know either how the auto button works or where it is located in
the source code? I've been unable to find it using trusty locate and
grep. A pointer to the proper file of the source code would be my
preference.

thanks,
bogo

Post by Olivier Ripol » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 06:37:58

> > I think you can combine gimp-histogram and gimp-levels for this, if you
> > know exactly what the auto button does.

> ok, you got me. I haven't a clue how gimp uses the results from
> gimp-histogram as input to gimp-levels. The documentation says only "This
> button performs an automatic setting of the levels based on the pixel
> intensities of the image." Perhaps this is clear to an experienced photo
> touchup guru, but I find it a tad sketchy.

> Does anyone know either how the auto button works or where it is located in
> the source code? I've been unable to find it using trusty locate and
> grep. A pointer to the proper file of the source code would be my
> preference.

> thanks,
> bogo

Googling, I've found this two-years-old thread where someone wanted to add the
gimp-auto-levels pdb call to allow script-fu to use it. There is some code (as
a diff), so the information about the source file is contained there.
By the way, as this is a patch for 1.2.1, it should be possible to recompile a
gimp 1.2.3 with it.

Sincerely,

Olivier.

Post by Michael N. Bogomoln » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:58:03

> Googling, I've found this two-years-old thread where someone wanted to
> add the gimp-auto-levels pdb call to allow script-fu to use it. There is
> some code (as a diff), so the information about the source file is
> contained there.

in case anyone else is interested, that link is
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-developer/2001-March/004840....

thanks, Olivier, for once again steering me to some good information.

-bogo

1. Script-fu MAP function from Scheme

Is this a bug or am I mistaken?

I'm using Gimp 1.2.3 on a Redhat 7.2 system.

Evaluating the following function

(map + '(1 2 3) '(2 3 4))

in UMB-SCHEME gives me

(3 5 7)

however, in the Gimp it yields

(1 2 3)

Eh?

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

2. Resource Workshop command line params...

3. Script-fu fonts not found - debian

4. Bicubic Interpolation?

5. Script-Fu from Perl-Fu non-interactively

6. Where to find script-fu program to draw regular poligon?

7. Gimp 1.2.3 - Script-Fu freezing

8. Script-fu buttons

9. Help Problem PERL-Fu script logo creation

10. script-fu, string parsing

11. Script-fu Group

12. script-fu, pupi-button and dynamic text