Cannot open display

Post by Jean-Michel Grimald » Wed, 02 May 2001 23:11:19

Hello,

Under linux I want a user that does not have access to the display to
run gimp scripts in batch mode.
Though I only get :
8<--
% gimp -d -i -b '(scriptname)' '(gimp-quit 0)'
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
8<--

So does anybody know how to prevent gimp from trying to access a display
that it doesn't need ?

JM

Cannot open display

Post by Klaus Ethge » Fri, 04 May 2001 23:58:34

Hi,

Quote:> Under linux I want a user that does not have access to the display to
> run gimp scripts in batch mode.
> Though I only get :
> 8<--
> % gimp -d -i -b '(scriptname)' '(gimp-quit 0)'
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Try to use a virtual Framebuffer and set the display to it.

Klaus Ethgen

1. cannot open display

Hello,

There is something strange. Last week I tried this script:
#!/bin/bash

let colour=255;
let name=1000;

while [ $colour -ge 0 ]; do
   gimp -S -s -d -i -b \
   "(script-fu-sphere 100 1 0 '(255 255 255) '(255 0 $colour))" \
   "(gimp-file-save 1 0 2 \"sphere0$name.png\" \"sphere0$name.png\")" \
   "(gimp-quit 0)"

let colour="$colour-1";
let name="$name+1";
done

for i in *.png; do convert $i `basename $i .png`.jpg;
done

Which worked very fine and created me many png and jog files. But today
it does not work anymore and ouput me many many times the following message:
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

And I did NOT change anything to that script and I did NOT change
anything to gimp! Why this error message, What did I do from last to
make this script not work anymore ?
My distribution is a Debian woody without any server X, but note that I
had no server X last week when it was working...

Thanks,
Vincent.

2. Need 3D alphabet objects

3. Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

4. Wtd: Freelance renderer/illustrator

5. Please help Cannot get Alfred Ui to display

6. Making SPEEDBUTTONS show a bitmap that covers ALL OF THE BUTTON and...

7. Help cannot display .PIC file

8. How to view CD-i with PC?

9. cannot display TIF files as thumbnails

10. HELP: Cannot display all available plugins in menu bar

11. cannot open input file??

12. parsing...cannot open include file: colors.inc