Imagemagick mogrify

Post by indigogane » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:56:20

I'm a * web developer who has recently switched dev platforms
from windows to Linux.  I use primarily bluefish and the gimp for
development, and it's been going great.

I'm not too familiar with Linux & am having a problem using
imagemagick to do a batch resizing of images.  I'm trying to convert
all gifs ina directory to have a maximum width of 200px.  I'm using
the command:

    mogrify -size *.jpg -resize 200x250

It spends some time processing but upon checking the images in The
Gimp they are all the original size...

I've checked the imagemagick website but that has not helped.

Simon

Imagemagick mogrify

Post by James Waldb » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 02:35:23

Quote:> I'm not too familiar with Linux & am having a problem using
> imagemagick to do a batch resizing of images.  I'm trying to convert
> all gifs ina directory to have a maximum width of 200px.  I'm using
> the command:

>     mogrify -size *.jpg -resize 200x250

> It spends some time processing but upon checking the images in The
> Gimp they are all the original size...

Using your command, I get an error message,
   mogrify: Missing geometry (-size).

Also, mogrify (v.5.2.7) on my machine doesn't have a -resize
command.  Anyhow, here is the command I would use:
   mogrify -geometry 200x250 *jpg
which modifies pictures in place so that they end up no
wider than 200 pixels and no taller than 250 pixels.
-jiw

Imagemagick mogrify

Post by James Waldb » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:05:46

> > I'm not too familiar with Linux & am having a problem using
> > imagemagick to do a batch resizing of images.  I'm trying to convert
> > all gifs ina directory to have a maximum width of 200px.  I'm using
> > the command:

> >     mogrify -size *.jpg -resize 200x250
>  Anyhow, here is the command I would use:
>    mogrify -geometry 200x250 *jpg
> which modifies pictures in place so that they end up no
> wider than 200 pixels and no taller than 250 pixels.
> -jiw

I overlooked that you are working on gif's rather than jpg's.
In that case you need to have a gif library and would use
*gif rather than *jpg.
-jiw

Imagemagick mogrify

Post by indigogane » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:01:26

> > > I'm not too familiar with Linux & am having a problem using
> > > imagemagick to do a batch resizing of images.  I'm trying to convert
> > > all gifs ina directory to have a maximum width of 200px.  I'm using
> > > the command:

> > >     mogrify -size *.jpg -resize 200x250
> >  Anyhow, here is the command I would use:
> >    mogrify -geometry 200x250 *jpg
> > which modifies pictures in place so that they end up no
> > wider than 200 pixels and no taller than 250 pixels.
> > -jiw

> I overlooked that you are working on gif's rather than jpg's.
> In that case you need to have a gif library and would use
> *gif rather than *jpg.
> -jiw

That worked, thanks!!!

Simon.

1. mogrify

Iam trying to adjust the size of some photo jpg's to a certain
size in pixels, and found that mogrify should be able to do it.
I tried this, which I got from the Imagemagick web page:

and got the error message

blob.c/OpenBlob/2480.

--
Dieter Britz

2. PRODAJEM SVHS VIDEO

3. mogrify : convert image a.jpg to a_new.jpg

4. Trouble with file names HELP!

5. Mogrify color question

6. Simple MPEG creater

7. Do you know ImageMagick?

8. tiff->gif conversion problems with imagemagick

9. Announcing ImageMagick 5.2.0

10. ImageMagick 5.1.1 - tools and libraries for image manipulation

11. Announcing ImageMagick 5.1.0 Image Processing Studio

12. ImageMagick - doesn't produce labels?